Adobe DNG Sony A7RIV

Winkeye

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dorothy Lyner
Good afternoon, Sony users. I just downloaded the Adobe DNG converter. I browsed to a small folder of ARW Sony raw files. When I clicked "convert" , it said "This Source File Does Not Contain Any Supported Camera Raw Files." I am pretty sure I have seen several people use this converter successfully. Any clues? Thanks in advance for your time.

Solution
Which version of Camera RAW do you have?
And which camera did the files come from?

If, for example, your files are from a Sony A9 III, then any version of ACR prior to December 2023 won’t support them.
The version of Camera RAW is not applicable as the Adobe DNG Converter is a stand alone application.

I just tried with some A7RV files and got the same result. I'm now downloading the latest version...

That worked now with compatibility set to ACR 15.3 and later.

If, for example, your files are from a Sony A9 III, then any version of ACR prior to December 2023 won’t support them.

I meant to mention my camera. Sorry. It is the A7RIV. My version of Camera Raw is 16.11 (with a pending update). I just went into Photoshop and when it opened I had an error message concerning my graphics card. Looks as if it needs some sort of update. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue though that I am having right now.

The version of Camera RAW is not applicable as the Adobe DNG Converter is a stand alone application.

I just tried with some A7RV files and got the same result. I'm now downloading the latest version...

Last edited:
Solution

Interesting - the A9 III was added in v16.

I thought the utility used ACR as a separate component - but it makes sense they kept it simpler, and compiled the library into the app to make it standalone. I’d be surprised if it is using different code :)

Interesting - the A9 III was added in v16.

I thought the utility used ACR as a separate component - but it makes sense they kept it simpler, and compiled the library into the app to make it standalone. I’d be surprised if it is using different code :)
Thank you AlphaWorld and Richard A! I am overflowing with happiness! Based on your comments I was looking at the compatibility preference in my DNG converter. It said it was compatible with ACR from 11.2 on. I thought that seemed a long time ago since we are up to 16 something by now. Long story short I went back to the Adobe info sheet and redownloaded the program. This one does say compatible with ACR 15.3 and later. I ran my images through it and they converted just fine. I think I may have done an online search for the DNG download initially and got an old one instead of going straight to Adobe. Thanks again!

Back