Name
Guy
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Strayed across this old Holden this afternoon.

GUY03625.jpeg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 50mm F1.8
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 50

If you left a car like that in the uk you would have some wheels and a pile of rust. 🤣

Classic HK Holden. Worth quite a few quid actually, even like this.

Classic HK Holden. Worth quite a few quid actually, even like this.
Ah, HK, thank you. Was not sure of the model. That’s 1968/69 then. Almost a Kingswood but I can’t see a badge so suspect not. Must go back and take a look at the back.

Ah, HK, thank you. Was not sure of the model. That’s 1968/69 then. Almost a Kingswood but I can’t see a badge so suspect not. Must go back and take a look at the back.
It's unlikely to be the Belmont, referred to as the poverty pack, as it has a visor and blinds in the back, so it is more likely to be the Kingswood or Premier. The back will just have a holden badge across the tailgate, the model badge will be on front near side guard. (If not missing)

Last edited:
That would make a nice resto-mod.

...was it near an abandoned quarry by any chance?

(too obscure?)

Actually, in opening this thread, and just from the title, I thought it was going to be that car with the tree growing through it out near Camden (I think it's Camden; though, my memory might be failing/fading - I remember that you're climbing a long hill and it's on the left going up)

...was it near an abandoned quarry by any chance?

(too obscure?)

Actually, in opening this thread, and just from the title, I thought it was going to be that car with the tree growing through it out near Camden (I think it's Camden; though, my memory might be failing/fading - I remember that you're climbing a long hill and it's on the left going up)
Does this help?

DSC00038 by telecast, on Flickr

This is such an American/Aussie thing. You would never come across this in the UK. We get cars dumped in the country lanes sometimes, but they are nearly always burnt out. There are very occasional barn finds, but nothing like there is there. If you left any UK car that old out like this it would just be rusty dust now

New in Marketplace

Back