Disable shutter on battery grip? (Meike MK-A9)

krisljungberg

Followers
Following
Name
Kristoffer Ljungberg
Country
Sweden
City/State
Norrköping
Been trying to google this but can't seem to find anything. Anyone here have an idea? I want to disable to shutter button on the grip because I accidentally press it when I have the camera around my neck. Pretty annoying. :D I actually love the grip as a grip for more comfort and the extra battery power, but I never shoot portrait mode so I kinda don't need that functionality 99.9999% of the time.

Been trying to google this but can't seem to find anything. Anyone here have an idea? I want to disable to shutter button on the grip because I accidentally press it when I have the camera around my neck. Pretty annoying. :D I actually love the grip as a grip for more comfort and the extra battery power, but I never shoot portrait mode so I kinda don't need that functionality 99.9999% of the time.
I don't think you can unfortunately. This is definitely the downside to that grip. I had the same problem when I was using it.

I need to check mine I have never noticed that or had an issue, I thought you could turn it off? I will check

I need to check mine I have never noticed that or had an issue, I thought you could turn it off? I will check

I can't find any info about it. You can turn off the grip, but then the camera shuts off too of course. :p

weird checked mine if grip is on camera shutter is off, and visa versa

Do you have the Sony grip? I have the Meike, so the functionality might be different on my low budget one. :D

same as you so will confirm functionality
Maybe we misunderstand eachother. I want to turn off the shutter on the grip, not on the camera. :D I will very rarely use the grip to actually take photos, I just wanted it for the comfort and the battery power.

Back