Followers
Following
Name
Dr. John A. Allocca
Country
United States
City/State
Northport, NY
I recently saw a video of a photographer who was shooting outside. The camera fell off the tripod and rolled down some rocks. The camera and lens were destroyed. She said she had insurance.

So, I'm thinking about insuring my equipment. Anyone have any suggestions who to get it from?

John

I have professional photographer insurance it covers my photo and computer equipment, limited by me coverage of rental equipment as well as liability on the job and for getting a certificate of insurance for rental of equipment or locations, so it is a bit more than just the camera stuff. To be honest they have been good for my needs but I have yet to file a claim. My policy is with Great American Insurance sold through
Trusted Coverage Professionals Agency
820 PCH, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
800-726-3701
www.TCPinsurance.com

I have a Personal Articles policy attached to my homeowners policy. It covers the A1, A7Riv, 100-400 and 200-600 and runs $189 a year. I can say that they didn't ask why my 100-400 needed to be repaired they just wanted a detailed estimate before paying out (this was a pain because Cardinal was only sending an estimate that read "return lens to factory condition").

I checked with TCO Insurance. They gave me quote of $783 annually for 20k equipment. Too much for me.

John

I checked with TCO Insurance. They gave me quote of $783 annually for 20k equipment. Too much for me.

John
Maybe so for just your equipment, but for me it works out as a total deal, since it is stated replacement cost and the liability part is important for my needs

I bought a 10K policy attached to my Homeowners insurance. 10K covered everything, at that time. Now I own nearly twice that much equipment. It would be pretty bizarre to lose it all at once, except for fire. I won't be buying more.

As with others, it's all covered under personal possessions on my home insurance with accidental damage included in and away from home. Over here you only have to itemise anything above £2000 value, so just the camera body is listed. It literally costs about £10 extra per year.

I recently saw a video of a photographer who was shooting outside. The camera fell off the tripod and rolled down some rocks. The camera and lens were destroyed. She said she had insurance.

So, I'm thinking about insuring my equipment. Anyone have any suggestions who to get it from?

John
A lot of photographers use Hiscox. Another option is to join ppa and add on their insurance.

Back