Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Dave
Hi, I'm Dave,
Just joined this site. I have been using Sony cameras for several years now, starting with an A6000 then upgrading to an A6600. As of earlier this week I now have an A7CR, it was while trying to get my head around the new camera that I came across Alpha Shooters, (with some assistance from Thad, and Brownie). I tend to stumble around with my photography, but mostly it's landscapes, wide astrophotography, dogs, horses, and scenery.

Attachments

• 66D06101.jpg
    66D06101.jpg
    473 KB · Views: 36
  • 66D06117.jpg
    66D06117.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Bridge1.jpg
    Bridge1.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 34
Hey, I know you! Nice to see you!

There are a few people here from Melbourne, and from other parts of Australia. We even have a crazy Queenslander (well, they are mostly crazy up there, anyway).

With your previous cameras, I'd have been sorely tempted to get the A6700 - it's a major upgrade over the A6600. But I doubt you'll regret getting the A7CR - one or two extra pixels over your previous bodies :-D

Ha ha, I've seen those pics somewhere before!

I'm a recent sign-up too, but... welcome!

Welcome to another Aussie!

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum

Welcome Dave and thank you for joining up here! And thanks to Thad and Brownie too :) Just let me know if you have any questions about the forum.

Hi, I'm Dave,
Just joined this site. I have been using Sony cameras for several years now, starting with an A6000 then upgrading to an A6600. As of earlier this week I now have an A7CR, it was while trying to get my head around the new camera that I came across Alpha Shooters, (with some assistance from Thad, and Brownie). I tend to stumble around with my photography, but mostly it's landscapes, wide astrophotography, dogs, horses, and scenery.
Hi Dave, welcome to the group, I'm looking forward to seeing your images, especially the astrophotography. Boy, the Puffing Billy brings back memories. Used to go on school trips once a year to ride her.

Hi Dave, welcome to the group, I'm looking forward to seeing your images, especially the astrophotography. Boy, the Puffing Billy brings back memories. Used to go on school trips once a year to ride her.
Thanks Ed, I hope my astrophotography doesn't disappoint too much, it's an area that I've long admired but only recently started to put any real effort into.

Thanks Ed, I hope my astrophotography doesn't disappoint too much, it's an area that I've long admired but only recently started to put any real effort into.
I did astrophotography back in the dark ages, with a refractor telescope and a film camera from my backyard in Melbourne, then as a student at Monash University. All a very long time ago! I'm very slowly trying to get back into it, but its a very step learning curve. I'm sure your astrophotography is going to be very good, if the example you provided is anything to go by.

Back