Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Decided I need to break down and do a wet clean on my 7RM3, I've been living with spots since I bought it. Figured I may as well do the 7M4 while I'm at it. Found these for a reasonable price, bought 2 kits because of the discount. There should be plenty of swabs and fluid for both cameras and then some in one kit, but it's nice to have a few on hand. Last time I did this I used 9 swabs between two cameras.

This is a well-regarded brand and is easy to use. Note this is for Full Frame, if you have APS-C get the kit made for it. The swabs are sized to fit the width of the sensor in a single pass.

Supposed to be here Saturday, going to try and get them both done.

Both cameras turned out perfect. Started with an image to check for marks, both needed cleaning. Did the in-camera shake followed by a jet blower, checked with another image. A lot came off both, but neither was really clean. Only took one swab per camera to get them both perfectly clean. Turns out I didn't need the second kit, still have 10 swabs left from the first one.

I've used the swabs on my cameras for a while now, very useful and not once have I had to use the supplied liquid.

I've used the swabs on my cameras for a while now, very useful and not once have I had to use the supplied liquid.
I don't like to drag a dry swab across the sensor.

It never ceases to amaze me how simple the procedure is, or how much I needlessly stress ahead of time!

Back