Greetings from Long Island.

boomerallegnal

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Steve
Greetings all. I am from Brooklyn but now live in Long Island. I am new to photography and just purchased a Sony a6400 with following lenses (Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS, Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 16mm 1.4, 7artisans 50mm 1.8). Mainly want to become proficient in taking family portraits and also in video creation. Also bought a DJI RSC 2 Gimbal. Currently taking the Udemy Master Photography class and have watch a ton of YouTube videos I have learned a lot in a short time and have a long way to go.

So I am basically here to annoy everyone and ask tons of questions :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Attachments

• tempImageHfp78d.jpg
    tempImageHfp78d.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 22
  • tempImageM6P8hJ.jpg
    tempImageM6P8hJ.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Wow!
First: Welcome!
Secondly: Holy Cow that's quite a lot of gear for someone who just jumped in 😅
I also have the a6400 and the Sony 35 f1.8 is probably my favorite lens. YouTube is a great resource for the beginning photographer/videographer, but so is this forum!

Welcome Steve, I’m fairly new here myself and have found the forum very helpful and as Chris says YouTube is a great source.

Also as Chris said , that is one hell of a starting list of gear - enjoy.

Rob

Wow!
First: Welcome!
Secondly: Holy Cow that's quite a lot of gear for someone who just jumped in 😅
I also have the a6400 and the Sony 35 f1.8 is probably my favorite lens. YouTube is a great resource for the beginning photographer/videographer, but so is this forum!
Thanks. Yeah, I kind of went overboard lol. I am mainly doing this to record memories for the two girls my wife and I just adopted. I am using the a6400 and the gimbal to make videos which I am a little better at than photography but a work in progress for sure. Thanks!

These are a few tests I did on the Moza Aircross 2 Gimbal that I returned twice due to malfunctions so I got the DJI RSC 2 instead.

Last edited:
Welcome and thanks for joining up Steve! That is a nice collection of lenses that you are starting off with! :)

Back