Hello from Rob Gorthy

RobGorthy

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Alistair Gorthy
Thanks for letting me join the group. I'm new to the Sony ecosystem - about 6 months - having previously been for years with Nikon. Factors behind making the switch; a combination of needing to make the move up to full-frame and being impressed with Sony developments on the mirrorless front. Traded gear for a Sony a7R IV camera, and Sony FE 90mm, Sigma 24-70mm and 100-400mm lenses. Glad I made the switch. Based in Cirencester, England and mainly interested in landscape photography, although recently made a turn towards the macro.

Attachments

• Full_moon.jpg
    Full_moon.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Hoverfly.jpg
    Hoverfly.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 10
Welcome to the Forum, Rob. Nice little "Starter Kit" you have there! ;)

Thanks, Jeff - yes, it took a while to get to grips with what was on offer, but am very happy with what I ended up with. It very much mirrored what I already had with Nikon, with the exception that the handling and results of the Sony mirrorless equipment is far superior.

Welcome Alistair and thank you for joining up here! Glad to hear that you are enjoying the switch from Nikon, you are certainly not alone on this forum, quite a few new members have switched recently. If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask.

Glad you have come to the group. Sony is good gear. I have never owned a Nikon and have an old film Canon and a couple of old film Pentaxes so I am really ignorant of those marques in digital. I do have some Leicas and a couple of them do really nice color. But to get the job done, to come home with a good pic, in focus and properly exposed I pick up the Sony. Its colors are a bit different but I like them. All in all Sony is tops in my world.

There is a wealth of experience here that you can tap into. You are in the right place.

Back