Followers
Following
Name
George
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Edinburgh
Hi everyone, just joined and looking forward to offer, and take, advice.

I'm retired now but in my previous life I qualified in Photography at Blackpool College in 1976 and then worked as a Medical Photographer in Inverness for 10 years. I started my own corporate video/photography company which ran for 20 years. During that time I worked for TV stations from across the globe and my documentary 'The Loch Ness Monster Story' sold for broadcast in 16 countries!! (Never actually saw Nessie though).

Started life using 4x5in cameras at college then 6x6 and 6x7 cameras and now (in comparison) using very complicated digital cameras!! Was a Nikon user for 40 years but changed to Sony as Nikon were too slow rolling out their mirrorless lenses.

Now living in Edinburgh, photography is my main hobby and I use Sony gear with A1 and A7RV bodies, 14, 20, 90, 24-105, 70-200, 100-400 and 200-600 lenses. Mainly landscapes and wildlife. Pics can be seen at gec.photography (created by my son who runs a web design company in Edinburgh) although I need to update this.

Lightroom on Mac Studio for editing.

Looking forward to a holiday in Costa Rica at the end of the year.

Welcome! Sounds like you've led an interesting life. I'd love to see the Nessie documentary, (maybe I have!?) is it available on line?

The Inverness area is my heritage on Dad's side of the family. My surname is all over your country's map in various forms.

Welcome!

Holiday sounds good though...

Welcome! Sounds like you've led an interesting life. I'd love to see the Nessie documentary, (maybe I have!?) is it available on line?

The Inverness area is my heritage on Dad's side of the family. My surname is all over your country's map in various forms.
'The Loch Ness Monster Story' was the programme, made in 1991 so a bit dated in some ways!! I have a copy as a .mp4 file at 900Mb, happy to send a copy to you by WeTransfer or similar, just need an email.

Welcome aboard George. I loved my trip to Scotland last year, so much to photograph there, I hope to go back one day.

'The Loch Ness Monster Story' was the programme, made in 1991 so a bit dated in some ways!! I have a copy as a .mp4 file at 900Mb, happy to send a copy to you by WeTransfer or similar, just need an email.
PM sent.

Welcome aboard. Enjoy Costa Rica, take a cushion, there's a fair bit of travel and the roads can be incredibly rough.

Take the night walk if you can, but wear long trousers, boots, long socks and leather work gloves. We didn't receive these instructions.

I turned up in shorts, a hawaian and sandals.

Night walk, sabel Park, Costa Rica, March 2019 https://imgur.com/gallery/nw4aJLd

I'm really looking forward to it, thanks for the advice but leather work gloves??

I'm really looking forward to it, thanks for the advice but leather work gloves??
If you find yourself slipping, you instinctively reach out to grab the thing nearest to you. It could be a thorny tree, or worse!

I'm retired now but in my previous life I qualified in Photography at Blackpool College in 1976 and then worked as a Medical Photographer in Inverness for 10 years. I started my own corporate video/photography company which ran for 20 years. During that time I worked for TV stations from across the globe and my documentary 'The Loch Ness Monster Story' sold for broadcast in 16 countries!! (Never actually saw Nessie though).

Started life using 4x5in cameras at college then 6x6 and 6x7 cameras and now (in comparison) using very complicated digital cameras!! Was a Nikon user for 40 years but changed to Sony as Nikon were too slow rolling out their mirrorless lenses.

Now living in Edinburgh, photography is my main hobby and I use Sony gear with A1 and A7RV bodies, 14, 20, 90, 24-105, 70-200, 100-400 and 200-600 lenses. Mainly landscapes and wildlife. Pics can be seen at gec.photography (created by my son who runs a web design company in Edinburgh) although I need to update this.

Hi George, nice to meet you....I am from Penicuik...😊

Welcome!!

Welcome George, looking forward to seeing your photos and hearing your stories. I will be visiting Scotland over the next 3 weeks, second trip there. Visiting the western region and Isles. Looking forward to seeing and photographing! Best, Drew

Back