Hi all! I am from India

Followers
Following
Name
Arul Murugan Chinnasamy
Nice to meet you all! I am Arul Murugan from Pondicherry, South India. Photography is a long term hobby for me from the age of 12. My first camera was Kodak 110 film which cost about $10 (1988). The beauty of that camera is the reload sound that comes after a shot with flash. Still lingering in memory. During undergrad days in Medical college, I borrowed a Yashica 35mm from my uncle which was so superior to kodak. I used to painfully save money for the film and prints and the results were more colorful. Moved to UK in early 2000s where I met Canon 300D rebel with 100-300 lens. Digital life, Zoom and Photoshop really changed the learning curve for me. After a long gap, in 2014 re-entered with Canon 70D. Amazing camera with a beautiful rotating LCD touch screen. Explored the night sky with that. The colors were also brilliant. Started a profile in 500Px and that was where the temptation to move to Sony begun. Couldn't resist and I own a Sony A73 now. Its a brilliant camera and I love the color and AF.

Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum.

Welcome Arul and thank you for joining up here and introducing yourself. Sounds like you've come a long way since that $10 Kodak camera! Where about's in the UK did you live?

Hi Timothy, I started my career at King George hospital, Ilford. Then I moved to Stoke Mandeville, London again and finally to Dundee. I lived for 3 years. Camperdown park is my fav spot for photographing ducks. I loved a trip to Isle of Skye too. Thanks for asking..:)

Back