Hi from Great Yarmouth, Norfolk

Jane Read

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Jane Read
Hi, I have been a sony user for a number of years having the A900, which is out of date and heavy and got the A7RIII for Christmas. I bought a convertor so I can use my old a mount lenses, but hopefully funds allowing, will change them out in time.

Being on the east coast we have some amazing sunrises, which I normally take on my iPhone, yes I know, I need to take a proper camera and I will.

Anyway, I look forward to being part of this group.

Jane

Welcome Jane and thank you for joining up here! The a7R III must feel like a feather compared to the a900! That's a very nice Christmas present too! If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask. Have a nice weekend too! :)

Welcome!

Welcome. I'm moving to Caister next month, we are virtual neighbours!

WOW! What a small world. I've lived here all my life, it's a wonderful village, getting much bigger these days and lots of people moving up here from down south. I was on the beach at 5.20 this morning and people were swimming! There's some great pubs as well!

Not sure I'd be swimming at 5.20 am, I can't swim :D Yes, us Southerners are all heading that way it seems. Looking forward to it.

Not sure I'd be swimming at 5.20 am, I can't swim :D Yes, us Southerners are all heading that way it seems. Looking forward to it.
You willl have to give me a shout when you are here and myself and the other half can let you know of some nice places to go, if you haven't been here before.

You willl have to give me a shout when you are here and myself and the other half can let you know of some nice places to go, if you haven't been here before.

I will, Thanks!. I know some places, from odd visits, but more local knowledge is definitely needed. Looking forward to the Little Tern colony at Winterton though. I've been told it's 400 strong this year.

I will, Thanks!. I know some places, from odd visits, but more local knowledge is definitely needed. Looking forward to the Little Tern colony at Winterton though. I've been told it's 400 strong this year.
They are such lovely little birds. They used to nest near Seashore holiday camp in Great Yarmouth, but moved to Winterton a few years ago. You hear them before you see them. I saw some at 5.30 this morning, which were first ones that I have seen this year.

They are such lovely little birds. They used to nest near Seashore holiday camp in Great Yarmouth, but moved to Winterton a few years ago. You hear them before you see them. I saw some at 5.30 this morning, which were first ones that I have seen this year.
My wife wants to know if you are the same Jane Read as is on the Caister local chat page on Facebook?

My wife wants to know if you are the same Jane Read as is on the Caister local chat page on Facebook?
Yes that's me :) and also Friends of Caister Beach (It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This).

Yes that's me :) and also Friends of Caister Beach (It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This).
Thanks. I'll tell her about that group as well. Lovely seascape photos by the way.

Thanks. I'll tell her about that group as well. Lovely seascape photos by the way.
Thank you. iPhone 12 max pro. Need to get some 'e' mount lenses. I have 'a' mounts which I had for my A900 which I use now with an adapter, but it's hard work so need to replace them.

Back