Followers
Following
Name
Bob
Country
United States
City/State
So Cal
Just drove a bunch of miles on roads and offroad trial chasing the fall colors of the Eastern Sierras, the images I will share later after my edit. Anyway a number of people on the A1 Facebook group had posted about errors the were getting with their A1s, I have never had an real issues with mine. So while out and about at 9,000Ft shooting a small waterfall, I thought my A1 froze, I pulled the battery, restarted it , pulled the lens and traded it with my A7RV. As I walked back to the Jeep it felt like it was ok and then I realized how old and foolish I am. It had been working the whole time it just was so loud by the waterfall, I just could not hear the shutter going, I could blame this on the lack of oxygen at 9,000 ft, but it was more likely a senior moment instead.

Maybe, but excusable. I've done worse.

Who hasn't thought their AF was messed up, only to realize they moved the diopter dial by accident?

Well smart answer here but yes we are all getting older that is sort of how it works ;) a quick check is to have some insto info turned on and you can see files being written silent shutter or the old world click shutter;)

I have in the past went to focus on something and nothing happened. Checking the camera muttering under my breath saying everything is right stupid camera, to then realise the AF/MF switch on the lens had been knocked to MF.

Smart arse 🤣
It's an adapted acronym leftover from my pro-sound days. If a system sounded like crap and it was clearly the sound man's incompetence, it was "Problem in chair not in console."

Just drove a bunch of miles on roads and offroad trial chasing the fall colors of the Eastern Sierras, the images I will share later after my edit. Anyway a number of people on the A1 Facebook group had posted about errors the were getting with their A1s, I have never had an real issues with mine. So while out and about at 9,000Ft shooting a small waterfall, I thought my A1 froze, I pulled the battery, restarted it , pulled the lens and traded it with my A7RV. As I walked back to the Jeep it felt like it was ok and then I realized how old and foolish I am. It had been working the whole time it just was so loud by the waterfall, I just could not hear the shutter going, I could blame this on the lack of oxygen at 9,000 ft, but it was more likely a senior moment instead.

I wouldn't have that problem - I never hear my A1's shutter (I have all but glued down the e-shutter setting).

But yesterday I was having trouble getting autofocus to work on my A1. Finally remembered that I was using the 90mm Macro, and I'd put it into MF with the push-pull focus ring... (I even checked that there wasn't an MF/AF switch on the len...)

you might need to let us in on that secret Clint, unless it involves drinking blood ;)

It's a bit painful seeing my parents slowing down to be honest. My dad is no longer this invincible man that he always was. My mum is now needing to spend her energy wisely each day as she no longer has it in full abundance.

Time is so precious. Time flies... ✅

It's a bit painful seeing my parents slowing down to be honest. My dad is no longer this invincible man that he always was. My mum is now needing to spend her energy wisely each day as she no longer has it in full abundance.

Time is so precious. Time flies... ✅

I'd rather my time rode a bike, or maybe walked - that would make it take longer.

There's a theory that perceived duration works as a proportion of time lived - as a child of five years in age, it takes a very long time to get from one Christmas to the next (the next year is one fifth of a lifetime). As someone of advancing years, the time between Christmas passes in a blur, (each year is a far smaller proportion of a lifetime).

Back