Sony A1 I'd like to customize my A1 so digital zoom is controlled by the Front Dial - can this be done?

boblite

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Robert Lightbourne
Right now I can access digital zoom going MENU > My Menu > My Menu1 > Zoom > that exposes a window on the LCD monitor or the EVF with a bar that can be adjusted using the Control Wheel on the back of the camera, which is a pain to use.

I'd like to re-assign the C3 button so that when pressed it re-assigns the Front Dial to control digital zoom between 1.0x and 4.0x. I would like also to make a second press of the C3 button take the camera back to the prior state that existed before the first press of C3.

Can this be done?

Solution
Looks like you can't do that, but you can assign it to a button and zoom through by repeated presses. See bullet points under item 2. Better than having to go through the menu.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 192915.jpg

Here's a link to the Sony Online Help Guide for the A1, which is searchable.

I could ask for more details, like “what camera”… but I’m going out on a limb to say it can’t be done. No thing in my A7iv lets me use a button to toggle the function of another customization. It’s a great idea though!

Looks like you can't do that, but you can assign it to a button and zoom through by repeated presses. See bullet points under item 2. Better than having to go through the menu.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 192915.jpg

Here's a link to the Sony Online Help Guide for the A1, which is searchable.

Solution
Can you put it on the rear wheel under the function button? Like, press down on the button to activate and then spin it to choose the multiple?

Back