Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
First image with new lens. Got a little enthusiasm and didn’t adjust a thing. Point and shoot.

IMG_2763.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 12800

Will all of my other lenses rotating the lens focus dial does nothing while the camera is set for AF.

This lens though, over-rides AF, which is great. I want all my lenses to make fine focusing adjustments when I spin the dial.

A second “shot”

GJF08696.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
  • 75.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 5000

Generous shots in this town!

First image with new lens. Got a little enthusiasm and didn’t adjust a thing. Point and shoot.

View attachment 46783

Will all of my other lenses rotating the lens focus dial does nothing while the camera is set for AF.

This lens though, over-rides AF, which is great. I want all my lenses to make fine focusing adjustments when I spin the dial.

You know that the camera has Manual on demand, right? It's in the focus settings. It will AF and switch to MF when you turn the focus ring. I think that works with almost any lens? I don't use it but it's there.

You know that the camera has Manual on demand, right? It's in the focus settings. It will AF and switch to MF when you turn the focus ring. I think that works with almost any lens? I don't use it but it's there.
I’ve got some time today. I never knew that so I’ll check it out.

Back