Name
Guy
Country
Australia
City/State
Sydney
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Some shots from Wynyard Station, plus a few of cars escaping the city through the sandstone corkscrew approach to the Harbour Bridge.

DSC00085.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 29.5 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/6 sec
  • ISO 100
DSC00182.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 16.5 mm
  • ƒ/4.5
  • 1/5 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC00181.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 16.5 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/5 sec
  • ISO 200

DSC00189.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 16.5 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/6 sec
  • ISO 100

DSC00143.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 6400

DSC00153.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 34.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1 sec
  • ISO 1000

Gorgeous images. I only ever do the corkscrew on my triumph speed triple. The sound! I love the sound!
Well, remember to keep it hugged tight, as the oil/petrol/diesel/water spills (even gravel off trucks) will tend to be flung outwards --- that said, many a time I have been thru that a little faster than the limit and arrived at a traffic jam "suddenly". I get the sound thing, for sure, triples always sounded great, even that MV (fun to ride, but I would never have bought one - they just feel fragile).

Here, where I live in Keelung we have a very peculiar road, which leaves the traffic light on a main road next to the harbour, goes slightly uphill for a bit before entering what looks like a multistory carpark. It then spirals to the top and exits under a block of flats --- it really is quite odd, and a very strange way to get up to the top of what is a very steep incline in some places and a cliff in others. I haven't thought of a way to photograph it yet.

Hopefully we can take over here with the street and landscape photography! Up until recently it seemed as though birds were the only thing people shoot and appreciate on this forum.

Nice stuff mate. 🙂

3rd and 4th pictures are really something. Good work.

Love your camera and lens selection too. 🚀
Yeh, it’s been an expensive few weeks. But fun. If you can call fun as having your technology being 10x more capable than your own skill, which I happen to!

Hopefully we can take over here with the street and landscape photography! Up until recently it seemed as though birds were the only thing people shoot and appreciate on this forum.

Nice stuff mate. 🙂
Thanks Clint. Not even a random seagull. The shot on the platform was inspired by yours of the guy with the tram running behind him; cheers.

Gorgeous images. I only ever do the corkscrew on my triumph speed triple. The sound! I love the sound!
Any photos of the Triumph on one your past posts Gaz?

And a few shots same day, keeping up the landscape theme.

DSC00120.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 28.5 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 400

DSC00141.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1000

Some shots from Wynyard Station, plus a few of cars escaping the city through the sandstone corkscrew approach to the Harbour Bridge.

View attachment 43658View attachment 43659

View attachment 43660

View attachment 43661

View attachment 43662

View attachment 43663
Nice shots, I particularly like 3 and 4. I’m viewing on my phone so can’t tell for sure, but I like the look of the curved wall in 6, perhaps you could bring out a bit more of the colour and texture in post?

And a few shots same day, keeping up the landscape theme.

View attachment 43722

View attachment 43723
Nice shots. I think the time ball photograph would look great if you tried a tight crop on the tower leaving out the top of the dome. Reminds me of the time ball at the Royal Greenwich Observatory, probably what it was modelled on.

Nice shots, I particularly like 3 and 4. I’m viewing on my phone so can’t tell for sure, but I like the look of the curved wall in 6, perhaps you could bring out a bit more of the colour and texture in post?
Thanks Ed. Appreciate the feedback. I’ve just moved the LR Classic and your comment is good motivation to have a play with the texture and colour as you suggest.

Back