Sony A6400 Memory card slot problem

ramjam22

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Eric Gaughan
Help! I removed a memory card and now I am unable to slide it back in. I have checked to see if there were any guides or fixes online and I have come up empty handed. It appears to be blocked by this bracket or bar that i believe should fold flat. I have tried to get it to move carefully. There is no fragments of the card left (its intact) and no other cards fit in there (yes im placing it in the correct orientation)
Any help would be great! I have a dive trip coming up next week and need the camera

Attachments

• 20220115_223851.jpg
    20220115_223851.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 55
Welcome to the Forum Eric. I'm sorry your first post had to be a distress call. I'm afraid I can't help you but someone here will speak up, I'm sure. Exactly what model of camera do you own?

Appreciate you reaching out. Just a bit ago my wife was able to get the card to slot in appropriately. Not exactly sure what she did differently than i had after messing with it for hours, but women see things differently. Ill pull down the post

Help! I removed a memory card and now I am unable to slide it back in. I have checked to see if there were any guides or fixes online and I have come up empty handed. It appears to be blocked by this bracket or bar that i believe should fold flat. I have tried to get it to move carefully. There is no fragments of the card left (its intact) and no other cards fit in there (yes im placing it in the correct orientation)
Any help would be great! I have a dive trip coming up next week and need the camera
Eric check this out solutions in the replies hope it helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_dRShXsLQ4

Welcome Eric, I saw you post this on the Facebook group, glad you were able to get it sorted.
I just had a look inside my a6400 and I wonder if that bar is part of the ejection mechanism for the sd card? If that happens again and you cannot get the SD card back in, something might be wrong with the spring... but I don't think that's something we end-users would be meant to fix, meaning you would have to send it into Sony? Anyways, hope it doesn't happen again!

Back