Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
I'm new to the Sony A7M3 and I have doing a lot of reading and watching a boatload of YouTube videos and I have a question. While watching various videos the monitor screen show the camera focusing on a subject and there is a green box in the middle of the screen. When I focus, I have a series of dots or small circles in the center of my screen. I think I would feel more comfortable with the green square. It's probably a menu choice somewhere. Any Ideas?

Suspect you're in AF-C. AF-S will give you what you're looking from a display point of view.... I'd have to fiddle with mine to check though.

Suspect you're in AF-C. AF-S will give you what you're looking from a display point of view.... I'd have to fiddle with mine to check though.
I just tried that and although the display changed a bit, I didn't get a green box. :-(

I think you have the focus points linked in the menu if you have a group of focus points rather than one only, I can not recall a circle focus point at the moment but will check and let you know, the a7iii body is very complex in the menus but i am sure you will find your way round it soon enough.

Back