BobSinCT

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bob Sardo
Hello,

Many years ago, when single, I was a Canon EOS shooter shooting primarily slides. Then I got married, had a family and was poor (LoL), and had little time for myself. Though I had bought a point and shot digital camera, I really wanted something more robust to shoot with. Now I am an empty nester, semi retired, wealthier and with more time for me. So I've decided to purchase maybe an A7 IV or R5. I'm not sure I am using the right nomenclature, so forgive me. I am trying to determine which model to buy. I'm leaning towards the A7 IV, since I want some lenses too, like wide angle, maybe a 70-200, and a telephoto. Maybe even a fast 600. Though I'd like to buy Sony lenses, I may need to go the Sigma / Tamron route. I have many questions, so I thought being a member is a good first step.

Welcome aboard. I am a huge proponent of third-party lenses. I use Sony, Sigma, Tamron, Rokinon, Samyang etc. There was a pretty good debate in here a few weeks ago, thread is still here somewhere.

Either camera is a good choice, and you wouldn't be dissatisfied regardless of which one you purchase.

Welcome

Back