New to site.

ShootA4213

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Bob Engle
Hi to all,
I am from Rochester NY and love Photography. I do Real Estate for $$ but everything else is just for fun including underwater photography. Currently I have 6 bodys but thinking about going to Full Frame or A6700??
What I love about photography is all the things you can learn as every aspect is different, Macro, Landscapes, Airshow etc. They are all so different and it's fun to explore them. I was thinking to start with the new SONY A6700 coming out with a SONY FE 50mm f/ 1.4 GM EW mount lens? Yikes $1,400 for the lens but I know quality cost money. Any thoughts on upgrading from the SONY A77 MII to the Sony A6700? Any help would be great.

I have been flying commercial drones for over 15 years before people knew what drones were.
Just put 2 pictures maybe someone will like?? One airshow and one in Florida where I do a ton of drone work.

Attachments

• DJI_0327-Edit.jpg
    DJI_0327-Edit.jpg
    637.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02416.jpg
    DSC02416.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 33
Beaut aerial shots! (I'm a drone pilot too recreationaly for 10 years or so).
You don't say how much underwater photography you've done but what ever you choose remember a flooded housing can be an expensive exercise. Choose wisely! I used all Niconas gear U/W until digital came out, then moved to a relatively cheap camera in a quality housing (Panasonic in a Nauticam housing with Inon strobe). I've seen excellent results from an Olympus TG6 housed and tied to an Inon). I've retired from diving now but that's the way I'd go having sold the outfit I had.

Welcome Bob!
If you like the form-factor of the a6700, but can't decide whether you want to go full frame or APSC, then at least wait a month or two for the announcement of the A7C mark2. There are some really great lenses available for both full frame and apsc thanks to 3rd party support, so whichever direction you go you can make great images.

Welcome, Bob. I like airshows as well. Maybe being a retired professional pilot has something to do with it. I'm a Drone pilot as well. Post photos when you can.

Welcome to the forum, Bob! There are some new Sony cameras about to be announced so if you're not in a hurry, you could wait. Even if they don't please you, they will lower the price of previous models so...

Also if I'm not mistaken that 50mm f1.4 is a FF lens, if you finally choose APS-C then you will have more affordable lenses available.

Back