Followers
Following
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, CA
I have discovered a Gentleman that gives great reviews for lenses. I don't know much but I'm trying to learn but this guys reviews makes me believe he is a straight shooter. His name is Ken Rockwell. Here is his site. So he reviews cameras as well. Here is what his opening sentence said in his review of the A73 two years ago. "Dollar-for-dollar, the Sony A7 III is the world's best full-frame mirrorless camera ever created." I think he liked it.

Last edited:
There are two camps when it comes to that bloke ;)
Please, do tell?? I take it you are in the camp that doesn't think too much about him. I'm a Newbie so I might be easily fooled. Does he have an Axe to grind?

Last edited:
No actually I quite like reading his stuff but it won't take much searching to find the opposing view. I think the folk that don't care for him don't think his views or ability are much to shout about.

Hey, at my experience level, everyone looks like a Genius!

Well if it makes you feel any better I've had cameras since I was 14 (I'm 58) and have still never taken a decent picture. I look at everyone's shots and wonder how I never manage to find the light or framing etc that they all seem to find :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have discovered a Gentleman that gives great reviews for lenses. I don't know much but I'm trying to learn but this guys reviews makes me believe he is a straight shooter. His name is Ken Rockwell. Here is his site. So he reviews cameras as well. Here is what his opening sentence said in his review of the A73 two years ago. "Dollar-for-dollar, the Sony A7 III is the world's best full-frame mirrorless camera ever created." I think he liked it.
Personally I prefer Dustin Abbott or Chris Frost

Last edited:
I personally think everybody has an opinion worth listening to, and I quite like KR.

Personally I prefer Dustin Abbott or Chris Frost

I will Bookmark both of these Gentlemen and take a look. I am fundamentally a person who suffers from GAS. Not only that, but I enjoy the process leading up to a purchase. It's only the part where I take out my Credit Card that I abhor!

I have a feeling that not too many folks here would start an argument about Mr. Rockwell's assessment of the A73, or am I wrong about this?

I personally think everybody has an opinion worth listening to, and I quite like KR.
I agree. It's not as if we are discussing politics!

I agree. It's not as if we are discussing politics!
I know you right Jeff its a hobby lets all enjoy it and also see everyone else's photos and we can all learn something 🙏

Edit - I got Ken Wheeler confused with Ken Rockwell!

Ken Rockwell seems to know his stuff.

Steer away from Ken Wheeler!:

The guy is a total charlatan and shouldn't be listened to at all.

I'm somewhat amazed to find him mentioned on a Sony forum as he's well known for spouting how much he hates Sony cameras.

And don't get me started on his videos on 'physics'. He self published a book spouting his own belief systems on how the universe works. Would be humorous were it not for the fact that some suckers actually are taken in with his nonsense.

Steer clear from him. 10% of the things he says concerning cameras and lenses might be valuable but it's so immersed in such total BS that it isn't worth the time trying to filter this out.

100% of the things he says concerning physics is nonsense.

Gareth

PS this is an example of Ken Wheeler's photographic opinion:

Last edited:
Edit - I got Ken Wheeler confused with Ken Rockwell!

Ken Rockwell seems to know his stuff.

Steer away from Ken Wheeler!:

The guy is a total charlatan and shouldn't be listened to at all.

I'm somewhat amazed to find him mentioned on a Sony forum as he's well known for spouting how much he hates Sony cameras.

And don't get me started on his videos on 'physics'. He self published a book spouting his own belief systems on how the universe works. Would be humorous were it not for the fact that some suckers actually are taken in with his nonsense.

Steer clear from him. 10% of the things he says concerning cameras and lenses might be valuable but it's so immersed in such total BS that it isn't worth the time trying to filter this out.

100% of the things he says concerning physics is nonsense.

Gareth

PS this is an example of Ken Wheeler's photographic opinion:

Ahh yes. I have seen this utter pillock around. He needs removing from forums.

Back