Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
There aren't many if any more colourful birds than a cock pheasant in the UK especially
DSC02262-Edit-1.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 594.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1250
DSC02268-Edit-1.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 594.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1000
when they are illuminated by beautiful light at sunrise.

wow!

Lovely shot Steve. Would quite like to catch one in flight! :)

Kind of seems a shame that they are a game bird, like who would want to shoot and eat one of these? They're quite pretty!

There aren't many if any more colourful birds than a cock pheasant in the UK especially when they are illuminated by beautiful light at sunrise.
Peacock?

No its a cock Pheasant Andrew.
[facepalm]

I know, it was a reply to your “There aren't many if any more colourful birds”…
A Peacock is more colourful than a Pheasant….

And yes they are very good shots and looks amazing, just playing devils advocate with the quote!

My most vivid memory of a Pheasant occurred at a motorcycle Track Day in Northern California. I was really enjoying a 120 MPH sweeper on my Yamaha R1 when a male Pheasant decided he wanted to cross the track as I approached. Only luck saved me from a collision with that bird.

My most vivid memory of a Pheasant occurred at a motorcycle Track Day in Northern California. I was really enjoying a 120 MPH sweeper on my Yamaha R1 when a male Pheasant decided he wanted to cross the track as I approached. Only luck saved me from a collision with that bird.
Sounds like it could have been very nasty Jeff

Sounds like it could have been very nasty Jeff
It could have. As I prepared to do a track day on a high performance motorcycle, thoughts of safety were in my mind. Those thoughts didn't include a pheasant. Live and learn!

Back