Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Photography Gear Insurance

Drewid

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Lincolnshire
I have been looking around for competitive but effective insurance for my new gear in the UK. I'm requesting a quote from my contents insurer but in the meantime am looking for specific gear cover. Has anyone got any first hand experience of insurance companies, good or bad and/or any realtime recommendations?

I've always covered mine on the house insurance with accidental damage cover. You have to declare anything valued over 2500k individually, but otherwise it's all covered and is way cheaper than independent insurers that I've found. Thankfully I've not had to clam for years, but I did once and had no issues.

I've always covered mine on the house insurance with accidental damage cover. You have to declare anything valued over 2500k individually, but otherwise it's all covered and is way cheaper than independent insurers that I've found. Thankfully I've not had to clam for years, but I did once and had no issues.

Might be going that way. Better half currently in the renewing Building/contents scenario and I've asked to add my camera gear! She just asked me how much it was all worth and I was stuttering like a good un! o_O

Might be going that way. Better half currently in the renewing Building/contents scenario and I've asked to add my camera gear! She just asked me how much it was all worth and I was stuttering like a good un! o_O

Hahahaha. If only they really knew :) Mine does as it goes, she doesn't work so I buy all her gear too :D

Hahahaha. If only they really knew :) Mine does as it goes, she doesn't work so I buy all her gear too :D

Mine is the breadwinner! That leaves me in a very difficult place! 🤫

Err oops. Mine went nuts when I bought my Sony gear, because it was 4k, but was appeased a bit when I said that if I'd not bought imports it would have been 5700...

I believe relationships should be built on trust and therefore I might tell her my gear was imported, second hand and fake. :ROFLMAO:

I used to be a drummer, and there's a shop I know that, for an extra fiver, would give you a receipt for what you told your wife the gear cost, as well as a proper one for insurance :D

Signature on a ski forum: 'my worst fear is that after I die my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I'd paid for it'.

My partner and I run separate finances. Just as well. You should see what she spends on a sewing machine! lol

Mine's covered under house contents.
Dropped the A9 and 24-105 on the bitumen (well, my jerry-rigged strap failed) and damaged both. AUD 2000 to fix. The excess was 400.

mine is supposed to be covered by my home insurance as well - I also have not had to make a claim, so don't know how that would go. :)

I haven't bothered insuring my gear before and have never dropped it or damaged it accidentally. There's always the first time though.

Haha. Been there done that.
I once saw a forum member who's signature said - "If I die, don't let the wife sell my camera gear for what I told her I paid for it"

New in Marketplace

Back