Question about EVF display.

Dick Cooper

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dick Cooper
I have a Sony A9ii and am new to Sony after 15 years as a Nikon shooter. At the bottom of my EVF is a static exposure compensation scale. Is this a default setting? How should I use it? Can it be removed?

I have a Sony A9ii and am new to Sony after 15 years as a Nikon shooter. At the bottom of my EVF is a static exposure compensation scale. Is this a default setting? How should I use it? Can it be removed?
When you add or remove compensation with the dial, it will show on the scale. It's always there, so can't be removed. I find it very useful to be honest. It also shows if you are under or overexposing

Last edited:
The scale will give you an indication if you are outside the dynamic range of your camera and if you need to adjust shutter speed, aperture,iso setting and/or exposure compensation to bring the scale reading to a more central position.

If you have set up your monitor and viewfinder views you will be able to switch to an alternate viewfinder view(by depressing the top of your back adjustment ring) with the image histogram showing ........I find this view more useful for the purposes of avoiding shadow or more importantly highlights blowout.

Hope this helps......

The scale will give you an indication if you are outside the dynamic range of your camera and if you need to adjust shutter speed, aperture,iso setting and/or exposure compensation to bring the scale reading to a more central position.

If you have set up your monitor and viewfinder views you will be able to switch to an alternate viewfinder view(by depressing the top of your back adjustment ring) with the image histogram showing ........I find this view more useful for the purposes of avoiding shadow or more importantly highlights blowout.

Hope this helps......
thanks, I have started to use it and it is a big help.

Back