Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
I have been on the hunt for a good light diffuser for macro for awhile.. I managed to make my own which although a bit cumbersome actually did a great job.. and the I saw a something on my instagram feed and I knew that was what I needed. It’s called a Radiant Diffuser and it’s hand made by a guy in India!! I contacted him and he said he could make one for me. He charged me in total, shipping included $68 can.. i ordered it and he mailed it on July 7th !! That’s 8 days from India to Canada!..
Anyway here is a photo of mine set up on my camera..
Here is a link to it on YouTube
https://youtu.be/YUnz-1m1RCI
00BE1BE5-F294-472B-B7C6-85F69E145EAA.jpeg

I came across this diffuser which seems to be receiving good reviews across the macro fraternity,
it comes in a screwed attachment version or magnetic attachment which seems to be the most
popular.

If you have made your decision it is probably not now relevant....

As I understand it the Pope shield comes in at 30-50 Dollars dependent on the version you select..

It also comes with a shield cover much like that you show in your post...but again is linked to the
magnetic attachment which makes it easy to fit and remove.

View attachment 22840

I came across this diffuser which seems to be receiving good reviews across the macro fraternity,
it comes in a screwed attachment version or magnetic attachment which seems to be the most
popular.

If you have made your decision it is probably not now relevant....

As I understand it the Pope shield comes in at 30-50 Dollars dependent on the version you select..

It also comes with a shield cover much like that you show in your post...but again is linked to the
magnetic attachment which makes it easy to fit and remove.

View attachment 22840
I did look at that one but I find the Radiant diffuser better suited my needs. It also has a led lights inside which comes in handy when your subject is in a dark area and camera has trouble focusing because of lack of ambient light it’s powered by a small battery pack the same as you would use to charge your cell phone up.

Back