Sony A7S + A7S II Recovering unreadable media

robthecasbah

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Rob
Hi everyone,

Just recently completed a shoot using my A7Sii and 2 FS7. Set up as a standard 3 shot with the A7sii as a safety wide. About half way through one FS7 went down, so I switched it for the A7sii. I switched out the metabones and a canon 24-105 onto the A7s and had to punch into super 35 to get full frame. I only shot about 10 mins of footage, and 2 clips, before the FS7 came back to the shoot, but those 2 clips that the A7S captured are now unreadable. I've tried playback in the camera, on Sony catalyst browse, tried repairing it on VLC, and sent to a post house. But nothing. I can see the file when I view it on my Mac, it is an MP4 and has data associated with it (400mb on one and 4gb on the other). I used Stellar Repair and it looks like it might have done the trick, although when I purchased the pro repair software it broke all my video files down into FLC files!

Does anyone have any idea why this would happen? and does anyone have any recommendations on what's best to use to recover this data, I'm pretty sure it's still there!

Cheers,

Rob

Back