Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A little background on these I think is needed before talking about the shots.
The Regent Parrot is in 2 area's of Australia and one is in the Mallee are and more pacific my area.
The other is in Western Australia. Both are supposed to be the exact same birds but I am sure they will be
differences between them in time..
The pocket of Regent Parrots in my backyard or area are what is called Endangered and this is sad as to me this are a great looking bird.
But over the time I have been birding I have noticed that their numbers here seem to be increasing. For me this is a good thing.
I would hate to see these not here no more and it looks like they themselves are fighting back.
So here are the Regent Parrots of my area.
Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (849).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

The male is to the left and female to the right
Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (862).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Closer in shot and I hope you like how nice these look
Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (871).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Young ones I think from this years nesting
Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (885).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

The female on the right has turn to show some wing pattern
Nowingi & Hattah 16-03-2022 (966).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

The male left alone but not for too long as it to took off.

Lovely. Bright chaps

A little background on these I think is needed before talking about the shots.
The Regent Parrot is in 2 area's of Australia and one is in the Mallee are and more pacific my area.
The other is in Western Australia. Both are supposed to be the exact same birds but I am sure they will be
differences between them in time..
The pocket of Regent Parrots in my backyard or area are what is called Endangered and this is sad as to me this are a great looking bird.
But over the time I have been birding I have noticed that their numbers here seem to be increasing. For me this is a good thing.
I would hate to see these not here no more and it looks like they themselves are fighting back.
So here are the Regent Parrots of my area.View attachment 18084
The male is to the left and female to the right
View attachment 18085
Closer in shot and I hope you like how nice these look
View attachment 18086
Young ones I think from this years nesting
View attachment 18087
The female on the right has turn to show some wing pattern
View attachment 18088

The male left alone but not for too long as it to took off.

Healesville has some Regent parrots, too.

Healesville has some Regent parrots, too.
Is that the sanctuary or the area?
But I know here the numbers and even around here their range has got bigger than what it was years ago.

Is that the sanctuary or the area?
But I know here the numbers and even around here their range has got bigger than what it was years ago.

I meant the sanctuary - I was wondering if they were trying to protect against extinction.

Werribee Open Range Zoo has been breeding and releasing orange bellied parrots - one of the keepers was talking about the success of the program, and how an area that had gotten down to less than 50 birds was now over 1000.

I meant the sanctuary - I was wondering if they were trying to protect against extinction.

Werribee Open Range Zoo has been breeding and releasing orange bellied parrots - one of the keepers was talking about the success of the program, and how an area that had gotten down to less than 50 birds was now over 1000.
Those Orange Bellied ones would be such a great one to capture. But on some site there was a massive argument over if a bird was one of them or not.
I just thought this is people just wanting to be right. I would have left it slid on by but some just have to be right. I have a older brother like it and he is a pain in what part of your body you sit down on.
But the same brother is in Lara and I have to get there as there are a few places for birds now. Thanks for the reply.

Back