Jess Peacock
Country
United States
City/State
Bremerton
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi there,

Just bought an A7r V and a 24-70 GM II, although I’ve been shooting with my trusty Pentax gear for the past decade+.

I know this is a Sony forum, so I won’t spam photos shot with my other gear, but here’s one that made me happy to capture:

207EDCBE-2BEA-477C-950E-5038F7227DBA.jpeg
  • PENTAX K-1
  • HD PENTAX-D FA* 50mm F1.4 SDM AW
  • 50.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/2500 sec
  • ISO 400

Besides engagements and weddings, I do some boudoir and other portrait photography. I also like taking my gear backpacking:

AF54805A-6BAB-4AF1-98EA-323C87E43CCC.jpeg
  • PENTAX K-1
  • 31.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 2500

I’m sure there’s a lot to learn before my next wedding shoot in August, so I’m looking forward to learning from and with y’all. :)

Welcome!

Welcome, Jess.
Lovely images.

Hi there,

Just bought an A7r V and a 24-70 GM II, although I’ve been shooting with my trusty Pentax gear for the past decade+.

I know this is a Sony forum, so I won’t spam photos shot with my other gear, but here’s one that made me happy to capture:

View attachment 36806

Besides engagements and weddings, I do some boudoir and other portrait photography. I also like taking my gear backpacking:

View attachment 36807

I’m sure there’s a lot to learn before my next wedding shoot in August, so I’m looking forward to learning from and with y’all. :)
Welcome Jess, love your images and I look forward to what you can do with a SONY.

Welcome Jess, love your images and I look forward to what you can do with a SONY.
Thank you! I’ve had some medical issues that have made holding a camera steady at a shallow depth of field tricky. Looking forward to not throwing away half my shots because they’re blurry. Eye autofocus looks absolutely magical to me, too!

The number of options in the menus is absolutely exciting and terrifying. Expect lots of cat photos and a few photoshoots when the gear comes in haha.

Last edited:
Welcome Jess and thank you very much for joining up here and sharing these lovely images. If you still have some Pentax lenses it might be worth checking out the Monster Adapter LA-KE1. There's a review here on the blog.

Back