so what do find hardest about about photography at the moment?

spudhead

Legendary Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
So I am wondering what you find hardest about photography at the moment? I at the moment am wrestling with the question of how to make street and travel images less polished or over edited, it been my goal so far to create as clean and sharpest image possible. so please add your thoughts on what you are struggling with in the photography journey

Hardest part is saving up money! I keep buying gear after gear after gear!

Getting motivated to get out, because our weather is so erratic.

I've done odd afternoons here and there, but not birding.

Well if we really think about what gear we use most it comes down to a few items for me and I think for most others I think, I could be right in saying that Kev maybe users even less gear than us both, and Clint is still trying to work out how to put a lens hood on a lens

2 lenses, one camera and a flash

Hardest thing right now? Finding time to really focus on photography (no pun intended). My kid started walking last month, so now I spend all my free time chasing after her lol
That said, I do have her first birthday party and a few family trips coming up where I will try to snap a few photos while still being present in the moment.

Hardest thing right now? Finding time to really focus on photography (no pun intended). My kid started walking last month, so now I spend all my free time chasing after her lol
That said, I do have her first birthday party and a few family trips coming up where I will try to snap a few photos while still being present in the moment.
Chris you need a body cam on her I bet there would be some great footage mate, shots from a small persons point of view :)

Maybe selecting the best pictures when you return home with far too many. Now I try to get only one shot of each subject or moment, to help myself in the selection.

Maybe selecting the best pictures when you return home with far too many. Now I try to get only one shot of each subject or moment, to help myself in the selection.
I think you know pretty much what you want and for that matter exactly what you are doing Alex My friend :)

Me and the AI still aren't seeing eye to eye I think. I sit the camera on the ground, walk away and when I get back he still hasn't set up and taken a photo. Do we need counselling..? 🥺
I am suprised you need to ask Clint my friend :)

I could try to strap the gopro to her... tempting!
For sure that would cover you with the wife when that little girl gets you in to trouble, see it was not me darling:)

Last edited:
I am suprised you need to ask Clint my friend :)

Sony's idea of deep learning sure is pretty bloody shallow. In Sony's vocabulary, deep means zero...

Even my dad rattles off some sh*t from time to time, buy I still love him...

A few years from now you'll wish you had taken more photos of her! They will become priceless. Be thankful that you have a high quality camera.

Back