Sony 10-20mm f4 PZ G or Sony 10-18 f4 OSS ?

antonioxrosa

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
António
Country
Portugal
Hi,

I want to buy a wide zoom lens on this range for my a6400 for landscape and maybe some street photography. I do not use this camera for video. I heard that the old lens has small black on quality control and some lens are decentralised. Ergonomic wise I would prefer this lens but having doubts if the image quality ( sharpness) of the new lens would not be much better. Anyone with experience in both lens or at least in of of them that can share the experience in landscape ? Much appreciate.

You have probably already looked at it but I just thought I'd mention, I had the 11-20mm f2.8 Tamron on my A6400, and it always delivered. Definitely a good option for you I think which is a bit brighter for handheld stuff too.

Hi,

I want to buy a wide zoom lens on this range for my a6400 for landscape and maybe some street photography. I do not use this camera for video. I heard that the old lens has small black on quality control and some lens are decentralised. Ergonomic wise I would prefer this lens but having doubts if the image quality ( sharpness) of the new lens would not be much better. Anyone with experience in both lens or at least in of of them that can share the experience in landscape ? Much appreciate.
Antonio, I think I answered you on the Facebook page, but I also second the Tamron 11-20 over either Sony lens. Is there a reason why you are limiting yourself to only those 2 lens choices?

I took that waterfall picture with the 10-18. I use the lens so rarely, I don't have many examples to share. I bought it for video, but now that I don't do video as much, its collecting dust. honestly I would swap out for the Tamron in a heartbeat.

Antonio, I think I answered you on the Facebook page, but I also second the Tamron 11-20 over either Sony lens. Is there a reason why you are limiting yourself to only those 2 lens choices?
The Tamron is getting higher ratting and most likely I will end up buy it. Only two reasons are restraining me to buy it. The weight and filter size. I have several filters including tha Lee Seven 5 and I doubt I can use them. Thanks again for your contribution

Back