Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The Sony A6700 along with the FE 70-200 F4 G II Macro lens be announced today at

You can view the launch here at 10:00 EDT / 15:00 GMT / 22:00 CST / 23:00 JST

There aren't any confirmed specs at present and the rumors are just that. It will apparently have the same sensor as the FX30, IBIS: with 7 stops, AI processor, 4k120 (cropped) and a new body design.

I probably won't purchase this one myself but I would like to see the following key features:

1. Slightly larger body with similar controls and layout to the full-frame bodies.
2. Stacked sensor from the A9.
3. AI processor from the a7R V (probably a given)
4. Same vari-angle screen from the a7R V
5. Two card slots, one being a CFexpress Type-A
6. 4k/120
7. A pre-shooting mode like can be found on many other cameras today, apart from Sony's.

If you are thinking about purchasing this camera what is going to convince you to part with your hard earned cash?

Last edited:
If SAR is correct then we should see the Sony A6700 announced on July 12th and possibly a new 15-45mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens.

There aren't any confirmed specs at present and the rumors are just that. It will apparently have the same sensor as the FX30, IBIS: with 7 stops, AI processor, 4k120 (cropped), focus stacking and a new body design. But you can definitely take those specs with a big pinch of salt.

I probably won't purchase this one myself but I would like to see the following key features:

1. Slightly larger body with similar controls and layout to the full-frame bodies.
2. Stacked sensor from the A9.
3. AI processor from the a7R V (probably a given)
4. Same vari-angle screen from the a7R V
5. Two card slots, one being a CFexpress Type-A
6. 4k/120
7. A pre-shooting mode like can be found on many other cameras today, apart from Sony's.

If you are thinking about purchasing this camera what is going to convince you to part with your hard earned cash?
maybe 4K 120 and without a recording limit, otherwise i am still contented with my A7R III

I'm betting the A6700 and A7CII use the exact same body. It would make sense and save Sony production costs, not to mention R&D return on investment. They may also have the same feature set throughout, the only difference being the sensor. And with the 6700 supposedly now confirmed at 26MP, there can be almost zero doubt the A7CII will have the A7 IV 33MP, or maybe something even newer.

I'm betting the A6700 and A7CII use the exact same body. It would make sense and save Sony production costs, not to mention R&D return on investment. They may also have the same feature set throughout, the only difference being the sensor. And with the 6700 supposedly now confirmed at 26MP, there can be almost zero doubt the A7CII will have the A7 IV 33MP, or maybe something even newer.
I would be ok with that.

@Timothy Mayo I think your list is great, but you'll likely get 3 or 4 of the 7 you requested.
FX30 26mp sensor
3,69 million dot EVF
A7C-sized body
Front dial under the shutter button
7-stop IBIS
Articulated screen, but not like the A7RV (that would be nice, but too pricey), more like the ZV line of cameras
AI processor like the ZVE1
I think we're getting 2 card slots, which is actually a surprise to me

Honestly, its got everything I want, if SAR coverage is to be believed. There might be a new kit lens, but I'll opt for the body only. My only remaining question is how much $$$?

I think that's most likely. Maybe a different colour scheme to differentiate them? Black or white options for the A6700 and a black/silver A7CII in line with the original A7C.

Last edited:
I think that's most likely. Maybe a different colour scheme to differentiate them? Black or white options for the A6700 and a black/silver A7CII in line withe original A7C.
The A7C did have that attractive black and silver style, that could continue to be a differentiator.

The A7C did have that attractive black and silver style, that could continue to be a differentiator.

Yep. As silly as it is, the black and silver design was one of the reasons that I chose the A7C over other options that I was checking at the time. Keeping that design would be a wise choice as a differentiator of this range.

They could be images from the 6600 haha.

Yep. As silly as it is, the black and silver design was one of the reasons that I chose the A7C over other options that I was checking at the time. Keeping that design would be a wise choice as a differentiator of this range.

They could be images from the 6600 haha.
What...you don't believe in factual rumors? :p :unsure:

He said in his latest video that there WILL be focus stacking in camera. can't wait to see how that will work.
And, can someone explain what is meant by "multi-selector for focus point control"?

And, can someone explain what is meant by "multi-selector for focus point control"?
Joystick. I never use them, some use the heck out of them. The only time I press mine is to get the focus area back to center and errantly bumping it. I suppose I should sort out if there's a way to disable the feature, but it's one of those things I only think of in the heat of the moment.

Joystick. I never use them, some use the heck out of them. The only time I press mine is to get the focus area back to center and errantly bumping it. I suppose I should sort out if there's a way to disable the feature, but it's one of those things I only think of in the heat of the moment.
I've use the touchscreen to focus, but since I've never had a joystick, never tried it.

Next generation creativity on the go. Not like we didn't know but it's coming indeed.

Well, turns out I didn't need to buy 2 sdxc cards after all. SAR has corrected his rumor "specs" and said the camera will only have a single card slot.

Strange he doesn't have a live-feed window up yet for the announcement. He'd normally have it there the day before.

Strange he doesn't have a live-feed window up yet for the announcement. He'd normally have it there the day before.
I've added it to the post. It's been up on the Sony Channel for a few days.

I wonder if we will see many content creators jumping the gun and hitting publish before 15:00 GMT? Here's one I spotted on YouTube unfortunately they changed the video to private before I could view it. It looks legit since the front control dial is clearly visible. They also mention a Sony ECM-M1 microphone in one of their chapters, which I don't think exists today.

sony-a6700-leak.jpg

Last edited:
So someone published their review in Romanian than swiftly removed it. Still cached by Google though and translate works well :)

So someone published their review in Romanian than swiftly removed it. Still cached by Google though and translate works well :)
My Romanian is a bit lax. I can go to bed tonight and read the news tomorrow!!

So the confirmed key specs for the a6700 are:
  • 26MP BSI CMOS APS-C sensor
  • Bionz X processor and dedicated 'AI Processing Engine'
  • AF tracking with subject recognition, 759 AF points with 93% coverage
  • 11 fps shooting with mech or electronic shutter
  • Lossless Raw compression option
  • HEIF and HLG Still Image modes
  • 4K up to 60p from 6K capture
  • 4K/120 from 1.58x crop
  • 10-bit video with 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 color
  • S-Cinetone, S-Log3 and HLG profiles
  • Uploadable LUTs
  • USB 3.2 Gen 2 (10Gbps) output
  • 2x2 MIMO Wi-Fi
  • UVC/UAC streaming up to 4K/30
I've added some further details to the blog article and a collection of early reviews.

The A6700 is cheaper than previosuly thought, isn't it? That's the most surprising reveal, as we knew pretty much everything else haha.

Well, turns out I didn't need to buy 2 sdxc cards after all. SAR has corrected his rumor "specs" and said the camera will only have a single card slot.

I think they might keep that and the multiangle screen for the A7CII to differentiate them.

I've added it to the post. It's been up on the Sony Channel for a few days.
I think he's trying to get people to subscribe to his you tube channel. I've noticed several times he mentions a video that doesn't show up on SARs.

Back