Sony 200-600mm lens will not attain focus far away

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

maxliv

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Maxine Livingston
I recently purchased the Sony 200-600mm lens to go with my A7RIII and it worked great until today. When I tried to focus far away, it would not focus and everything in the viewfinder is blurry. I reset the camera, removed the uv filter and it still will not focus far away. I am able to focus close. I tried using my 100-400mm lens and it works perfect. I check the focus hold buttons on the lens and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

I took off the les coat from the camera that covers the buttons so it must have been one of those buttons because it is working like it should. Thank you.

I had a thing clsoe to this happen to me but this was a long time gone now but what had happened with my lens was the Aperture
arm had come loose or off inside the lens and I had to send it back.
They sent back what they done which is why I know it was that and the lens after being fixed gave me far better
shots that it had ever done before. So I think it might have been working is some situation and in the next not the best.
So maybe this could be the sort of same thing going on with your lens.

I took off the les coat from the camera that covers the buttons so it must have been one of those buttons because it is working like it should. Thank you.
Congratulations. I hate the thought of sending stuff away!

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back