Followers
Following
Name
Don Springer
Country
United States
City/State
Philadelphia, Pa
I have this camera for about 5 weeks. I use it a lot as it is the one camera that works with me, I was on the street working. I keep it in a Tamrac Velocity 4 and it's a perfect fit. I reached in to get the camera and raise it to my eye and when I put my finger on the release, it felt strange. I looked at it and the release button was not there.

I am a combat vet and don't panic unless around my wife. I remembered feeling the button kinda rotate some. I thought it was design and brilliant at that.

Anyway, I sent Andre' the Sony A7C back to Sony and it's being repaired. I believe this will be the Achilles Heel of the A7C, I hope not.

I will post after I get it back. Be blessed all.
shooter

First follow-up. One of my students has the same issue. We had a get-together today and she mentioned that the same thing happened to her camera in February. 2 others in the class have the A7c so I will monitor.

I'm resurrecting this older thread, but did you get feedback from the repairs? My A7C's button rotates also but it has never bothered me and has not come off so far.

I'm resurrecting this older thread, but did you get feedback from the repairs? My A7C's button rotates also but it has never bothered me and has not come off so far.
Hey, don here. I contacted Sony and they made an authorization to send the camera to the repair facility. It took 3 daze to get there and then 6 1/2 weeks to have it repaired and 2 daze to get it home to me. It's fine now, fingers crossed that it stays fine. They did not restart the firmware. All my settings were as I had them. Any questions etc, let me know. don ... aka streetshooter

Back