Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Sony has released firmware version 4.00 for the Sony a7III which adds new FTP transfer features allowing you to transfer still images during shoot and playback operations. There's also the standard statement that it also improves the overall stability of the camera.

"Allows you to transfer only the image being played back by pressing the custom key." - How???
How to select exactly several images to transfer?
"Improved operability of FTP transfer function" - it seems to me it became much slower

"Allows you to transfer only the image being played back by pressing the custom key." - How???
How to select exactly several images to transfer?
"Improved operability of FTP transfer function" - it seems to me it became much slower
Sorry to hear that Veneamin. I would others that load this new Firmware would report here what they notice about the new release.

Downloaded the update won't use the FTP transfer function. take their word about the overall stability of the camera no problems with update all went smoothly. I use a windows machine for the updates find it quicker than using my macs noticed this time when downloaded to mac it asked me to update driver ??

Trasferring to local ftp takes about 1 minute for RAW+JPG (about 63 MB) So transfer of 600 shots will take about 10 hours! Absolutely unacceptable.
In order to tranfer while brosing you have to bind up one of user's button (C3 for examlpe) to this function, so pressing button adds current image to transfer queue . But with such speed of transferring it's not very usefull

Sony has released firmware version 4.00 for the Sony a7III which adds new FTP transfer features allowing you to transfer still images during shoot and playback operations. There's also the standard statement that it also improves the overall stability of the camera.

Any improvement is worthwhile, however the pain of updating Sony cameras may not be worth the gain. It took me months to be able to update my A9. I'm not sure if I have the fortitude to update my A7III.

the pain of updating Sony cameras may not be worth the gain
Mac user? It took about 5 minutes to update on my PC without any troubles

I really think that Sony needs to understand that a great many photographers and creatives rely on Apple hardware. Their inability to deal with this fact seems quite short-sighted.

Had not used my Sony A7iii since the V4 update till this Wednesday was shooting in aperture priority and was getting very high ISO in checking it out the auto ISO had changed to a minimum 4000 and a maximum to 204800 Just thought I would mention it as I had not changed any settings.

Hi, can you please comment about 3rd party battery compatibility. I have 2 ravpower and i am a bit concerned that after upgrade they won't work anymore.

Hi I think you will find they still work just that you get a warning notice it protects Sony should there be any problems

Back