Sony A7Riii The new ‘A’ version - Tethering to C1 issues.

Followers
Following
Name
Mark
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
Hi

just bought the new ‘A’ version of the Sony A7Riii and I’m having issues tethering with C1. My previous A7riii, A7Riv and my A9 both tethered ok, but having issues with this new model. C1 recognises the camera and the images are in the capture folder, however when I take a shot I get an error message saying ‘ could not insert (image name) into collection’ and no image on screen.
I’ve raised this with C1 but not had any response yet. Just wondered if there’s anyone else out there having the same issue?

Many thanks

Mark

An update on this issue. C1 version 21 works ok. So I guess there will not be an update for 20 to support this camera. Bit of a bummer. I did notice that .jpg files previewed fine, just the .arw files that don’t although they do go into the capture folder.

I had the exact same problem with my A1 and C1 until I updated C1 to latest version. Probably related to raw file version that the latest cameras generate. Still unable to preview A1 RAWs natively under macOS.

I had the exact same problem with my A1 and C1 until I updated C1 to latest version. Probably related to raw file version that the latest cameras generate. Still unable to preview A1 RAWs natively under macOS.
It’s a real Pain. I was hoping the A7R3 ‘A’ would have the same Raw as the older A7R3 Another £200 to C1 I guess!

Back