Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
'Long experience has taught me that people who do not like geraniums have something morally unsound about them.'
geranium_hdr-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200
geranium_hdr-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 200

I love these geraniums!

Bonus: I get to find out that I am morally sound, too :LOL:

What an odd thought. Nice colours Ed.

What an odd thought. Nice colours Ed.
I was trying to sort out whether it is an attributable quote or Ed's own thought. In any event, I am flummoxed at having to like geraniums in order to be considered morally sound.

How do you all feel about mums? I mean, how could one be morally sound if one doesn't care for a mum? Especially one's own mum, or for that matter my mum. Are you guys saying you don't like my mum? Wow...this is very disconcerting.

I was trying to sort out whether it is an attributable quote or Ed's own thought. In any event, I am flummoxed at having to like geraniums in order to be considered morally sound.

How do you all feel about mums? I mean, how could one be morally sound if one doesn't care for a mum? Especially one's own mum, or for that matter my mum. Are you guys saying you don't like my mum? Wow...this is very disconcerting.
Having something morally wrong with an individual is not solely restricting to those who don’t like geraniums. Unfortunately, it’s not my original thought, but I do concur.

Having something morally wrong with an individual is not solely restricting to those who don’t like geraniums. Unfortunately, it’s not my original thought, but I do concur.
…… and it’s not a necessary trait, but it is sufficient ;-)

…… and it’s not a necessary trait, but it is sufficient ;-)
The quote is from British writer, Beverley Nichols. He was also a keen gardener.

One thing I can think of that's morally unsound would be to quote someone on the internet and not give credit, like:

"Long experience has taught me that people who do not like geraniums have something morally unsound about them."
Beverley Nichols

:whistle:

One thing I can think of that's morally unsound would be to quote someone on the internet and not give credit, like:

"Long experience has taught me that people who do not like geraniums have something morally unsound about them."
Beverley Nichols

:whistle:
If it wasn’t in ‘quotes’ I would be suggesting I had come up with it. As it is in ‘quotes’ it is clearly not originated by me.

If it wasn’t in ‘quotes’ I would be suggesting I had come up with it. As it is in ‘quotes’ it is clearly not originated by me.
Ok, cool. Next time I post one of your shots I'll put quotes around it. (y) :LOL:

i clearly indicated I was quoting someone, using the accepted practice. When asked who the quote was attributed to, I provided the authors name. There was no attempt to pass the quote off as my own. Posting someone else’s work, text or photograph without indicating it is not yours is a ‘different kettle of fish’. For avoidance of doubt, the phrase in quotes is not my original turn of phrase. And I’d be flattered if anyone wanted to post one of my photographs, with appropriate acknowledgment.

Yeah... we need more geraniums.

Back