Following
Name
Terry
Country
United States
City/State
Virginia
Hello folks,
I’m getting the following warning on my rear screen: This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used. Please verify the compatibility with the device. At the same time this started, my camera stopped autofocusing. Will someone please tell me what’s going on?
Thank you,
Terry

Hello folks,
I’m getting the following warning on my rear screen: This accessory is not supported by the device and cannot be used. Please verify the compatibility with the device. At the same time this started, my camera stopped autofocusing. Will someone please tell me what’s going on?
Thank you,
Terry
I changed lenses thinking that my 90mm macro might be going bad. I put my 135mm GM on and did get autofocus
but still have the warning.

Do you have a non-Sony battery or something else attached to the camera other than the lens? The more information you can provide about the setup you have and what you are doing the more likely someone will be able to assist you.

Do you have a non-Sony battery or something else attached to the camera other than the lens? The more information you can provide about the setup you have and what you are doing the more likely someone will be able to assist you.
Hi David, it was the hot shoe cover. I did a web search and found it in a thread on another forum from someone having the same problem back in 2015. I removed the cover and the warning was gone. The cover was in fact 3rd party. I tossed it and ordered a few Sony covers. I really appreciate your reply.
Terry

Hi David, it was the hot shoe cover. I did a web search and found it in a thread on another forum from someone having the same problem back in 2015. I removed the cover and the warning was gone. The cover was in fact 3rd party. I tossed it and ordered a few Sony covers. I really appreciate your reply.
Terry
I wonder if it was a generic cover and was pressing down on the gold contacts at the front of the hot shoe, making the camera think there was something in the hot shoe that it could not connect to?

I wonder if it was a generic cover and was pressing down on the gold contacts at the front of the hot shoe, making the camera think there was something in the hot shoe that it could not connect to?
Thank you Tony.

Solution
Back