Food What are you drinking? (2023)

Gerald Undone has a fantastic style, he's a favorite. Unfortunately he's mostly video.

I don't mind him, as well as Christopher Frost. I love how calm and lovely he is, wouldn't hurt a fly..! Always starts with 'Hi it's me...' šŸ˜„

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone said salty? Not this Irish Whiskey.
Oloroso cask finish, light fruit. High viscosity. Nice end to the week. Thanks for the heads up!

GJF03340.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20mm F1.8 G
  • 20.0 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 8000

I like Tony and Chelsea. And that guy who mimics Jeff Goldblum in sentence phrasing.

Camera Conspiracies is laughing at himself. Thatā€™s entertaining

Someone said salty? Not this Irish Whiskey.
Oloroso cask finish, light fruit. High viscosity. Nice end to the week. Thanks for the heads up!

View attachment 41403

Was going to say to grab the John's Lane but I knew you would buy the most expensive one on the shelf anyway. It's a lovely bottle, I was super impressed when I first got it. Now it's a staple! āœ…ļø

Was going to say to grab the John's Lane but I knew you would buy the most expensive one on the shelf anyway. It's a lovely bottle, I was super impressed when I first got it. Now it's a staple! āœ…ļø
Iā€™m a glutton. It has been quite enjoyable so I need to restrain for at least 48 hours! Itā€™s been very easy to enjoy!

It's been a mixed evening, two of my favourite tipples. The Belgium was a father's day gift from the eldest. I'm a big rioja fan and although not from rioja, this cheeky red tastes better than many that do. I will be buying more.
IMG-20230623-WA0005.jpeg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/1355 sec
  • ISO 100
20230623_203806.jpg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 80

Oh boy, now we are talking - I'm a big whisky fan, and I even don't mind some whiskey, but single malt whisky is my tipple of choice. But I also do like a vodka martini. I'm a bit of martini snob, most I've tried don't even come close to the worst I've had at Dukes, the home of the martini. It's the bar that Ian Fleming of James Bond fame used to frequent and is the home of the vesper martini. Legend has it that Fleming came up with the Vesper while experimenting at Dukes bar. This is a vesper being prepared by a trainee mixologist. The old boy that usually serves me when I'm lucky enough to get into Dukes was on vacation when I turned up last at the end of May this year. Next time you're in London, visit Dukes in Mayfair - you will have to queue to get in, but it is worth the wait. The New York Times says of Dukes bar, ā€œThe hotel bar which some say concocts one of the worldā€™s best martinisā€. Sorry, but the photographs are taken with my Iphone 14 Pro, with no post processing.
IMG_017919.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ʒ/1.78
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 800
IMG_017921.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • 6.9 mm
  • ʒ/1.78
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 640
IMG_017927.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • 6.9 mm
  • ʒ/1.78
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 640

Last edited:
Oh boy, now we are talking - I'm a big whisky fan, and I even don't mind some whiskey, but single malt whisky is my tipple of choice. But I also do like a vodka martini. I'm a bit of martini snob, most I've tried don't even come close to the worst I've had at Dukes, the home of the martini. It's the bar that Ian Fleming of James Bond fame used to frequent and is the home of the vesper martini. Legend has it that Fleming came up with the Vesper while experimenting at Dukes bar. Next time you're in London, visit Dukes in Mayfair - you will have to queue to get in, but it is worth the wait. Sorry, but the photographs are taken with my Iphone 14 Pro, with no post processing.View attachment 41605View attachment 41606View attachment 41607
And I forgot to mention, they have a cigar garden, where you can enjoy an excellent cognac or single malt with your favourite cuban afterwards. It's my vision of heaven.

Some of my favourite every day whisky - again taken on the Iphone, with no post processing.
IMG_005626.jpg
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone XR back camera 4.25mm f/1.8
  • 4.3 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 400

Some of my favourite whiskey from Ireland - iphone again! Unfortunately, the Midleton has now got to riduclous prices.
IMG_007217.jpg
  • iPhone XR
  • 4.3 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 250
IMG_016481.JPG
  • iPhone 6
  • iPhone 6 back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
  • 4.2 mm
  • ʒ/2.2
  • 1/33 sec
  • ISO 160

And some of my very special whisky - again on the iphone.
IMG_006261.jpg
  • iPhone XR
  • 4.3 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/49 sec
  • ISO 100
IMG_007624.jpg
  • iPhone XR
  • 4.3 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 500
IMG_012082.JPG
  • iPhone 6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ʒ/2.2
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 250
IMG_016554.JPG
  • iPhone 6
  • 4.2 mm
  • ʒ/2.2
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 250

As a gluten-free guy since 2005, my drink of choice switched from homebrew ale to ciders. Thought I'd become a wine snob but I'm not refined enough, it seems.

Sorry, I'm between Alphas right now, so the phone takes over.. but an Ī±58 is coming soon!

Attachments

• PXL_20230625_215045753.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20230625_215045753.PORTRAIT.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 43
Oh boy, now we are talking - I'm a big whisky fan, and I even don't mind some whiskey, but single malt whisky is my tipple of choice. But I also do like a vodka martini. I'm a bit of martini snob, most I've tried don't even come close to the worst I've had at Dukes, the home of the martini. It's the bar that Ian Fleming of James Bond fame used to frequent and is the home of the vesper martini. Legend has it that Fleming came up with the Vesper while experimenting at Dukes bar. This is a vesper being prepared by a trainee mixologist. The old boy that usually serves me when I'm lucky enough to get into Dukes was on vacation when I turned up last at the end of May this year. Next time you're in London, visit Dukes in Mayfair - you will have to queue to get in, but it is worth the wait. The New York Times says of Dukes bar, ā€œThe hotel bar which some say concocts one of the worldā€™s best martinisā€. Sorry, but the photographs are taken with my Iphone 14 Pro, with no post processing.View attachment 41605View attachment 41606View attachment 41607
The Vesper martini has become my go to summer adult beverage. I love your setting for these photos!

Cracker! I'd be very interested in trying the Glenfarclas 25 year! The Yamazaki wouldn't have been cheap either!

That Glenfiddich 21 year is one of the biggest let downs in the whisky world though for the price, even before the prices went up it was silly for a three and a half star whisky. I think their new 14 year charred oak, Project XX and their 18 year are much better, and much cheaper too.

This one is also quite good, more flavour than typical Irish. I bought two, some day they would make nice hurricane lamps!
whisky.jpeg

Available for a steal at Dan Murphies tonight so I grabbed one. Johnnie Walker, Iā€™ve heard, own a large proportion of the distillery in Scotlandā€¦. So this min 18 year old blend, ought to be interesting.

The first thing that strikes me is the light smell and taste of Islay. That was unexpected and thereā€™s got to be some Lagavulan in there. Now all I need is a dozen fresh oysters to start off the week well.

GJF03518.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 135mm F1.8 GM
  • 135.0 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 12800

Cracker! I'd be very interested in trying the Glenfarclas 25 year! The Yamazaki wouldn't have been cheap either!

That Glenfiddich 21 year is one of the biggest let downs in the whisky world though for the price, even before the prices went up it was silly for a three and a half star whisky. I think their new 14 year charred oak, Project XX and their 18 year are much better, and much cheaper too.
Have to agree about the 21 yo Glenfiddich. Donā€™t get me wrong, itā€™s very nice, but not worth the price. For the price, I prefer the 18 yo, but itā€™s not just about the price. At that level you pay a lot for incremental benefits. If it was just down to price, Iā€™d say the 18 yo is better value for money.

The Vesper martini has become my go to summer adult beverage. I love your setting for these photos!
Thanks Clide, the Vesper is awesome and the one from Dukes is fantassssssssssssssssstic. They only allow a maxium of three per customer, I've pushed that limit and boy did I pay for it they are sooooooo strong. I now limit myself to a max of 2!

Had some leftover pineapple and decided to try soaking it in rum. This rum is from my favorite distillery, but is not my favorite expression as they admitted to me that [unlike the rest of their product line] this one does have a bit of artificial coloring to market it as a "dark" rum. The name "109" is indicative of the proof with an ABV of 54.5%.
DSC04353.JPG
  • ILCE-6400
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 17.0 mm
  • ʒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 2500

Might use the rum in a dark & stormy later this week with a bit of soaked pineapple on a skewer for garnish.

This is my favorite monthā€™s end purchase. Aged in American bourbon casks and finished in oloroso sherry -15 years in speyside style. Not expensive, so a perfect soother once all the monthā€™s wages have been met. Bring on the cigars, watch some cricket, edit more bats.

GJF03569.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 55.0 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 12800

GJF03475.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 135.0 mm
  • ʒ/1.8
  • 1/8000 sec
  • ISO 1250

I was given this bottle of Taiwanese Whisky as a gift by a neighbour - who is from Taiwan. I've gotta say, its a pretty good easy drinking whisky with layers of warm spices and sweet fruits.
taiwanese whiskey-1.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 82.0 mm
  • ʒ/3.2
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 1600
taiwanese whiskey-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 94.0 mm
  • ʒ/5