Food What are you drinking? (2023)

Where on earth did you find that!

The whisky club sent over a bottle aged in Cognac cask before Christmas and I have no recollection of what happened to it, if that’s any indication. This distillery is not afraid to break the barriers of convention!

Sorry, cellphone picture tonight gents. Cheers!
20230701_211227.jpg
  • Galaxy S23+
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 640

Where on earth did you find that!

The whisky club sent over a bottle aged in Cognac cask before Christmas and I have no recollection of what happened to it, if that’s any indication. This distillery is not afraid to break the barriers of convention!

Starward ain't bad, plenty of dark finishes which I'm a fan of! This animal was at Vintage Cellars Lilli Pilli, scored big time!

The Whisky Club are celebrating Rye July this year with a taste testing of a selection and a meal. I guess after 18 varieties on taste the food will be mandatory!

So, as I secure my ticket, I find myself reminiscing about My favorite Czech Republic Christmas Stall ….. to take the chill off this miserable night.

GJF02812.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 160

The Whisky Club are celebrating Rye July this year with a taste testing of a selection and a meal. I guess after 18 varieties on taste the food will be mandatory!

So, as I secure my ticket, I find myself reminiscing about My favorite Czech Republic Christmas Stall ….. to take the chill off this miserable night.

View attachment 42186

Gary, I love adding the bar stall, bar or however one describes their favorite watering hole to the "what are you drinking" theme. I try to take photos of the bars in restaurants we visit, I enjoy the ambiance, the scene the bar evokes. Just look at her smile! Here is a photo from Cooperstown, NY.
20221008-DSC01365-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.4
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 800

Gary, I love adding the bar stall, bar or however one describes their favorite watering hole to the "what are you drinking" theme. I try to take photos of the bars in restaurants we visit, I enjoy the ambiance, the scene the bar evokes. Just look at her smile! Here is a photo from Cooperstown, NY.View attachment 42191

Bars? I’ve seen a few.

IMG_7367.jpeg

This place in BC (Victoria Island) had about 50 beers on tap.

The result of my pineapple infused rum was quite tasty. I chased it with gingerbeer for a sort of "dark & stormy" type cocktail:

DSC04377.jpg
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 3200

However, the rum soaked pineapple (as delicious as it was) made for an unattractive garnish, and I think next time I will leave it sitting at the bottom of the glass. A fresh pineapple wedge or lime wheel would have been more appealing.

The Pearse Irish 12. I haven’t even bothered with ice to take the heat off it.
IMG_7663.jpeg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back dual wide camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.78
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 125

Love this brand. Glenallachie, Glendronach and Benriach are three pretty unknown ones that I think are absolutely amazing! Probably my favourite brands along with Macallan, Overeem and Talisker. ✅

View attachment 42566

Abelour Abunad’h in Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur. (Sorry about the phone shot - I don’t wanna get robbed while intoxicated!!)

IMG_8019.jpeg
  • iPhone 14 Pro
  • iPhone 14 Pro back dual wide camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.78
  • 1/25 sec
  • ISO 1000

The Whisky Club delivered this bottle this afternoon at 3:45pm.

I always pull the top off the night of delivery. A unique single cask being one of 400 or so at around 48% abv, I considered briefly of saving it for something special.

The tasting notes won me over starting out with the word “Gooey”. That’s all it takes.

GJF07918.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
  • 55.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 8000

Not a mention of peat, but it’s in there somewhere.

The Whisky Club delivered this bottle this afternoon at 3:45pm.

I always pull the top off the night of delivery. A unique single cask being one of 400 or so at around 48% abv, I considered briefly of saving it for something special.

The tasting notes won me over starting out with the word “Gooey”. That’s all it takes.

View attachment 44540

Not a mention of peat, but it’s in there somewhere.

Interesting how yours is the only bottle of the 400 that has 'gooey' written on the back of the label in red texta...

Ok Chris my friend when are going to stop drinking and post a few shots mate? not the drink kind (y)
Maybe later tonight mate! No drinks for me while I'm on antibiotics.

@Gaz I saw that brand when I was in the gift shop at Urquhart Castle on the shores of Loch Ness last year. I should have at least bought a 50ml souvenir, oops.

I know you boys are all about the water of life, but I'm in a reflective mood.

I've just taken the coats off these bad boys.
IMG-20230818-WA0007.jpeg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 200

Which let's face it is a bit of a treat.

Cracked open a nice lil Crianza.

20230818_195236.jpg
  • SM-G981B
  • 5.4 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 640

And Brook Benton is playing at full bass on Bose in the kitchen.

The current Mrs Unframed has taken the dogs off to the living room and I'm just enjoying the peace of the countryside.

Enjoy folks.

I know you boys are all about the water of life, but I'm in a reflective mood.

I've just taken the coats off these bad boys.View attachment 45150

Which let's face it is a bit of a treat.

Cracked open a nice lil Crianza.

View attachment 45151

And Brook Benton is playing at full bass on Bose in the kitchen.

The current Mrs Unframed has taken the dogs off to the living room and I'm just enjoying the peace of the countryside.

Enjoy folks.

The lobster here have no claws for the shop to write a price on, so we just stand at the counter with a credit card waiting for the bad news.

Once upon a time I’d dive for them. Nothing gets your heart racing more than dragging a bag with a squealing lobster in it, when a school of fish dart past you, and you think, “what are they running from?”

Back