What Macro Lens for Sony A7R IV

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

I use the Sony 90mm 2.8 on my A7R4 but it’ll cost you.. I’ve heard good things about the Sigma and the price is reasonable.
I don’t think the tamron that you have linked will work on the Sony A7R4

You can pick up the Sony for just over 600 on import, the earlier Sigma, a great lens, will only work if you have an adaptor, and so is a bit of a false economy.

I bought my Minolta 50 for $100 in mint condition. A manual adapter will cost another $20.

I am new to macro but like the Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Art lens. I think it just edges out the Sony 90mm. Also waiting to see the new Venus Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO Lens when it is released.

I am new to macro but like the Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro Art lens. I think it just edges out the Sony 90mm. Also waiting to see the new Venus Laowa 90mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO Lens when it is released.
I use Sigma 105 F2.8 with adapter. I originally used it on Sony A mount but now use it with A6400 and A1. Beaut results!

See if you can get a used Voigtlander 110 but even used it about the price of a new Sigma 105 E-mount Art lens - both of those lenses are rated as being able to exploit the A7Riv sensor. A very cheap option for 1:2 macro and if focusing distance does not matter is the Tamron 24 E-mount which is rated for sharpness at the same level as the other two lenses I mentioned.

Don't overlook the possibility of a achromat macro lens which screws on the front of an existing lens you have. Marumi achromats are excellent quality and are much cheaper than a quality dedicated macro lens. I use a Marumi DHG Macro 330 (+3) on a bridge camera.

This pic is with Sigma 105 fitted with Achromat +3.

Lynx and hood.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • 105mm F2.8
  • 105.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 500

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back