What made you buy the model you own?

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

RolyPolyWendy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Feb 23, 2021
Name
Wendy F
I wanted something better than my point and shoot .The sales clerk at Best Buy Charlottesville sold me on my A6000. He explained all the reasons but I could only feign understanding. He sounded pretty knowledgeable! I bought it and it sat on the shelf for over a year because I would end up frustrated every time I tried to use it. It wasn't until I took an adult Photo class that I understood that he had done me a great big favor with the recommendation. What a wonderfully practical camera. I am still pretty new but am learning so much.

Reactions: spudhead and liggy

garuda

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
I purchased my a7R iv because it had three (3) very important key features that no other camera had at the time:

1. 60mp sensor;
2. 60mp sensor;
3, 60mp sensor.

If any one of these three required key features would have been absent, I never would have bought this camera!

AlphaWorld

Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
I purchased my a7R iv because it had three (3) very important key features that no other camera had at the time:

1. 60mp sensor;
2. 60mp sensor;
3, 60mp sensor.

If any one of these three required key features would have been absent, I never would have bought this camera!

What if it had one of those, but was missing the other two?
o_O:cool:

garuda

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
What if it had one of those, but was missing the other two?
o_O:cool:

Tony, your satirical reply has forced me into a philosophical response, so here goes the answer to your question.

If two factors were missing, then my statement of “if any one of were absent” would then be invalid reasoning.
Then I’d have to buy two cameras --- with each missing two of the factors, to be true to my statement. So by possessing two cameras each having two missing, then each camera would have only one factor, thus I’d have two of the factors collectively and split between two cameras, which then conforms to my original statement “if any one of three were absent…..” No, wait… maybe I’d have to buy three cameras each having two missing factors, then adding up my original three total factors, which allows my original statement of “if any one of the three were absent” then….. then….

Oh hell, I’m confused now… I’m sending the damn camera back to the seller.

AlphaWorld

Followers
Following
Apr 8, 2021
Name
Tony
Tony, your satirical reply has forced me into a philosophical response, so here goes the answer to your question.

If two factors were missing, then my statement of “if any one of were absent” would then be invalid reasoning.
Then I’d have to buy two cameras --- with each missing two of the factors, to be true to my statement. So by possessing two cameras each having two missing, then each camera would have only one factor, thus I’d have two of the factors collectively and split between two cameras, which then conforms to my original statement “if any one of three were absent…..” No, wait… maybe I’d have to buy three cameras each having two missing factors, then adding up my original three total factors, which allows my original statement of “if any one of the three were absent” then….. then….

Oh hell, I’m confused now… I’m sending the damn camera back to the seller.

Well, then, I'm glad that none of the factors are missing, and I apologise for breaking your brain.

garuda

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 14, 2020
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
Well, then, I'm glad that none of the factors are missing, and I apologise for breaking your brain.

You're pretty witty, my friend.... and seem to really know your camera stuff too. Good combination!

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.