What Photography related item have you bought or sold this week?

No hot spots? Nice. That's the main use for my Fuji XF 18-135. Weirdly good IR lens (I have an 830nm XE1)
I use the XF 18-135 on my X-T3 830nm and X-T3 full spectrum. The 18-135 and the Tamron 28-200 are very similar where on rare occasions I will get a color temperature hot spot which is thankfully not an issue at 830nm. :) The 17-28 does not seem to have hot spots of any type. I'm still waiting for the XF 70-300 to pair up with the XF 18-135 (and XF 14). Best part about all four of the zooms, they all use 67mm filters. :)

LA-EA5 delivered today.

Just pulled the trigger on a nice Minolta 80-200/2.8 APO HS G with case/caps/hood.

Very excited. Just received notice my 70-200 2.8 MK II shipped today. Ordered it on 12/15. Crazy.
Was very close to cancelling the order but the dealer came through.

Very excited. Just received notice my 70-200 2.8 MK II shipped today. Ordered it on 12/15. Crazy.

I got incredibly lucky on the 70-200 GM II. Went in to see what was new, and my dealer had one that someone had cancelled (like you nearly did). Cost me list price (I was a bit too enthusiasti), but it is a great lens.

I got incredibly lucky on the 70-200 GM II. Went in to see what was new, and my dealer had one that someone had cancelled (like you nearly did). Cost me list price (I was a bit too enthusiasti), but it is a great lens.
Nice! Tell me it’s worth the wait. :)

Seems like a slam dunk to unlock the full capabilities of the A1. I truly dig my Tamron 70-180 but I love being able to use the 70-200 with the 1.4 tc instead of going with the 100-400 and of course the full 30fps all in a light and compact lens.

My neighbor is a grand new Sony shooter and he’s got dibs on the Tamron so everyone is happy. :)

It was the 15th of December when I ordered mine at a local store. Got it the first week of February. Last week, it has shown how wonderful it is to use for theater. However, I need to program the A1 to take only 10 fps on M. :p Thanks to crop mode, I was able to get shots that I don't have to crop in post for when I needed more than 200mm. :)

It was the 15th of December when I ordered mine at a local store. Got it the first week of February. Last week, it has shown how wonderful it is to use for theater. However, I need to program the A1 to take only 10 fps on M. :p Thanks to crop mode, I was able to get shots that I don't have to crop in post for when I needed more than 200mm. :)
Sweet! I’m pumped. I use crop mode pretty often. Big difference vs the A9II.

Nice! Tell me it’s worth the wait. :)

Seems like a slam dunk to unlock the full capabilities of the A1. I truly dig my Tamron 70-180 but I love being able to use the 70-200 with the 1.4 tc instead of going with the 100-400 and of course the full 30fps all in a light and compact lens.

My neighbor is a grand new Sony shooter and he’s got dibs on the Tamron so everyone is happy. :)
It is definitely worth the wait! So much lighter than other 70-200/2.8, and sharp wide open. Getting more use than I expected from it.

Sad to say, no new goodies for me recently nor for a while until I address some other financial priorities. Then, after that....yeah....!!!! The new 70-200mm II sounds like an outstanding lens and I've already added it to my "wish list". I don't think, though, that I'd ever give up my beloved 100-400mm -- that lens and I have really bonded and at this point in my personal ranking, while my 90mm macro is #1, the 100-400mm is not all that far behind as #2. Terrific lens!

It is definitely worth the wait! So much lighter than other 70-200/2.8, and sharp wide open. Getting more use than I expected from it.
Love the feedback. I expect to use it for longer portrait style shots so I can skip the 135 in addition to anything that moves under the 200-600 range. Shooting a wedding this fall and I think it’ll be a perfect companion to the 35 and 50 primes.

Seeing that Adorama has the Sigma 45 FE mount for $250, I fought the fight to purchase it. So, I purchased TTArtisan 35 f1.4 and 50 f1.2 X-mount lenses for $170. :p The 17 f1.4 impressed me enough to go on ahead and get these new lenses for the sale they were at. This makes for a very compact Fujifilm system of lenses for me. If only Fujifilm would ever have the 27 f2.8 pancake (with aperture ring) in stock.

BTW: There is one thing about Fujifilm that makes it so appealing for manual focus glass. You can input the focal length into the camera, and it will carry forward into the EXIF. And with the X-T4, I get the additional bonus of entering the lens brand (or other data) which also carries forward into the EXIF. I have so much manual focus glass that does not pass EXIF data that I greatly appreciate this feature of Fujifilm cameras.

Seeing that Adorama has the Sigma 45 FE mount for $250, I fought the fight to purchase it. So, I purchased TTArtisan 35 f1.4 and 50 f1.2 X-mount lenses for $170. :p The 17 f1.4 impressed me enough to go on ahead and get these new lenses for the sale they were at. This makes for a very compact Fujifilm system of lenses for me. If only Fujifilm would ever have the 27 f2.8 pancake (with aperture ring) in stock.

BTW: There is one thing about Fujifilm that makes it so appealing for manual focus glass. You can input the focal length into the camera, and it will carry forward into the EXIF. And with the X-T4, I get the additional bonus of entering the lens brand (or other data) which also carries forward into the EXIF. I have so much manual focus glass that does not pass EXIF data that I greatly appreciate this feature of Fujifilm cameras.
Yep - I've come to realize that the strength of the Fuji system at the moment to me lies in the experience and the way the small primes work. Luckily preordered the 27mm 2.8 II and it's a nifty little lens. Will probably sell the X-T2 and X-H1 and get either an X-Pro3 or X-H2 if the 150-600 is any good and if the AF / tracking is anywhere in the same ballpark as Sony.

Bought the Sony 35mm f/1.4 GM last weekend, it is already almost glued to the camera. I really love the image quality, it's superb!

Currently I'm experimenting with long exposures, so most likely my next purchase will be a ND filter. Also, I will be saving some money for a second body (this will be a full frame - I was convinced it would be the A7IV but after trying the A9II I'm rethinking that).

On a side note, I've read some rumours about a A9III coming out... That will most likely lower the prices for the A9II :)

Bought the Sony 35mm f/1.4 GM last weekend, it is already almost glued to the camera. I really love the image quality, it's superb!

Currently I'm experimenting with long exposures, so most likely my next purchase will be a ND filter. Also, I will be saving some money for a second body (this will be a full frame - I was convinced it would be the A7IV but after trying the A9II I'm rethinking that).

On a side note, I've read some rumours about a A9III coming out... That will most likely lower the prices for the A9II :)
There are also rumors of an A7R V and more. If you wait for the next best thing, you may be waiting a long time. I don't expect Sony to slow down anytime soon!

There are also rumors of an A7R V and more. If you wait for the next best thing, you may be waiting a long time. I don't expect Sony to slow down anytime soon!
I think the pacing item here is the shortage of chips. I've heard that this has slowed the delivery of the A7IV, so it may delays new models. Keep in mind, there is a production hold on a couple of models due to the shortage, one of the models is the A7C. I feel lucky to receive my A7 IV in the first wave. I per-ordered which is something I would normally never do.

I think the pacing item here is the shortage of chips. I've heard that this has slowed the delivery of the A7IV, so it may delays new models. Keep in mind, there is a production hold on a couple of models due to the shortage, one of the models is the A7C. I feel lucky to receive my A7 IV in the first wave. I per-ordered which is something I would normally never do.
Not just the A7 IV,
not just Sony,
not just cameras,
not just anything.

Almost everything you buy these days has chips. Washers and driers, refrigerators, air conditioners, furnaces, cars, TVs, all of it. We just bought a refrigerator and took what we could find because they can't tell you when the order will come in. Living out of a cooler is no fun. We tried two local stores, Best Buy, and two big-box home improvements stores and found exactly one model in stock. Fortunately it worked for our needs.

I read an article that said a car maker (maybe Ford?) was shipping a new model without all its chips so they could get paid for the cars. They promised to fit the chips when they had supply - I think the missing chips controlled the entertainment system in the back seats. Can you imagine taking the kids ona long trip “Have we got the chips yet?”…

I read an article that said a car maker (maybe Ford?) was shipping a new model without all its chips so they could get paid for the cars. They promised to fit the chips when they had supply - I think the missing chips controlled the entertainment system in the back seats. Can you imagine taking the kids ona long trip “Have we got the chips yet?”…
My new company vehicle was sold to us without one of the chips. It can never be installed, the features that it controlled are not available. For my purposes I don't care, and am in fact happy one of the features isn't there. In our case GM gave the option of taking it as-is with a $50 credit and losing 1 MPG forever, or waiting. Of course that's just one of many chips.

And we're off! Let the rumor mills run rampant!

That's very true! Another factor is ofcourse the financials and the need... Currently I do not really need a new body, it is just that I want a new body haha!

Finally, it is in stock at Amazon. The Fujifilm XF 27 f2.8 R WR pancake (with aperture ring).

That's very true! Another factor is ofcourse the financials and the need... Currently I do not really need a new body, it is just that I want a new body haha!
I can certainly understand that! I bought an A7 IV and almost the next minute decided I wanted a second body. I found a screamin' deal on an A7R III. They each have their own place. The R III can't hold a candle to the IV in terms of AF tracking, but it has higher resolution. Either would work for 85% of what I shoot, for the other 15% it's nice to have a choice!

A Minolta Maxxum 50/2.8 Macro, original issue. The world's first autofocus macro lens, introduced with the Maxxum 7000. It's also the world's first lens that can focus continuously from infinity to 1:1 life-sized. Like all 50 macros it can focus very close, about 2" from the lens. That doesn't let a lot of light in for normal macro shots but is perfect for copying negatives, my main purpose. Amazing, condition, $100.

Bought my first flash, a Godox TT350S, for use on my a6400. Should be coming in tomorrow.

Risky move on my part since I have no idea if this is for real. A "new" Olympus Zuiko 50 f1.8. That makes for a very compact IR kit with Olympus 24, 35, 50, and 100 - all taking the little 49mm filter and all rated at 9.1 or higher out of 10 for IR. And today my 49mm Heliopan RG 780 is finally coming to me, no longer on back order ...since October 2021. Only one item is left on backorder now, the Fujifilm XF 70-300.

Hopefully, this new in box lens was stored in a way that fungus has not taken over.
Last year, I got an almost new in the box Nikkor 24 and it is an amazingly nice lens, smooth focus and very clean.

Same one I use. I don't do a lot with flash but it's perfect for fill light outdoors.
It arrived last night, I'll test it out this weekend!
20220428_142135.jpg
  • SM-G975U
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/1.5
  • 250/10000 sec
  • ISO 250

Watch that wide-angle diffuser. I lost mine straight away.

But then I found it again.

But then I lost it again.

Then I found it again and locked it up.

Totally not my fault...:ROFLMAO:

Back