Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I went to a little man made water collection area and it now had birds around if you wait for them to show themselves.
For me these are maybe the hardest ones to get out of the different ones we have in my area.
The 1st and last bird was carrying a leaf off a Saltbush and I have no idea why and what for it was doing that.
21 Swamp 31-07-2023 (578).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Sports 021
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 800
21 Swamp 31-07-2023 (593).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 800
21 Swamp 31-07-2023 (685).JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

Nice shots Ralph, and a beautiful little bird!

I’ve never seen one of these. So gorgeous!

Great shots of a beautiful bird. I can't decide which one I like best, and that's a compliment.

I’ve never seen one of these. So gorgeous!
In our area out of the Fairy Wrens these seem to be the shyest out of them all.
Great shots of a beautiful bird. I can't decide which one I like best, and that's a compliment.
Thank you for that and that is how I would of taken it as well I personally like the middle one.

A beauty. 3rd shot is superb.

Interesting things! I seen that black and blue one with the big red spot on him a few weeks ago. They never cease to amaze! 👏

Interesting things! I seen that black and blue one with the big red spot on him a few weeks ago. They never cease to amaze! 👏
They are the Red-backed Fairy Wren which we don't get down here. I would love to get one of them in the near future as to me they are stunning.
The one I posted has a cousin in Western Australia and they can be black where the blue is but the white wings remain.
Now to get that to would be so good.

They are the Red-backed Fairy Wren which we don't get down here. I would love to get one of them in the near future as to me they are stunning.
The one I posted has a cousin in Western Australia and they can be black where the blue is but the white wings remain.
Now to get that to would be so good.

The little bastard just wouldn't give me an opportunity. I did post the only remotely decent shot of him in non bif, but it was pretty dismal to say the least...

The little bastard just wouldn't give me an opportunity. I did post the only remotely decent shot of him in non bif, but it was pretty dismal to say the least...
I will go and have a look for it.

Beautiful little bird well captured

Back