Your Photo of the Week

Passing By.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 560.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 2000

I think this is a female gatekeeper but I could easily be wrong!

Gatekeeper-Female-DSC07726-2048px.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F4 Macro G OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 800

I'm giving up on putting the week number, as I got behind this year!
This Willow Emerald is a special one though, as it's the first time I've ever had one in the garden. They really have spread out quickly, they were unheard of here in the UK 10 years or so ago.
DSC08581 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

I have not seen this color here - my latest muse is fast or tricky birds, and these diving kingfishers are on that list
They are definitely speed demons, and it is really neat to find one actually perching somewhere, pausing and actually still for a few moments! The Belted Kingfisher is grayish-blue, with white accents and also a distinctive rust color as well. The males are differentiated from the females due to that "rust belt," which is more prevalent on the females and primarily in a different location on their body.

They are definitely speed demons, and it is really neat to find one actually perching somewhere, pausing and actually still for a few moments! The Belted Kingfisher is grayish-blue, with white accents and also a distinctive rust color as well. The males are differentiated from the females due to that "rust belt," which is more prevalent on the females and primarily in a different location on their body.
I'll stick up some recents at some point soon; it's just that I have not had the free scratching time to do much with them yet.

Love that. The road sign looks like a balloon tied to the bike at first glance.

Haha I couldn't identify what it remind me of. Yes, like a balloon tied to the child's chair in the bike.

It was the bike which grabbed my attention then just a second later that girl came by and she completed the composition.

The underside of a Brimstone Moth, shot through the garage window. He looks like he's waving at me.
DSC09907 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

Yellow Garden Spider getting ready to eat.
JRV08106-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • 70mm F2.8 DG MACRO | Art 018
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 640

Back