Your Photo of the Week

Very serene image Clint.

A Shore Lark from a trip to Minsmere to see if we could find him. It wasn't difficult :) Cracking birds, a winter visitor that frequents some of our coastal areas each year. Quite the p
DSC01953 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 800
oser.

Very serene image Clint.

Thank you mate. I had a guy with a Canon R5 walking around in the shallow water to my right, there was a guy videoing on a phone only inches out of left frame in front of those rocks, and there were plenty of people drinking coffee and getting ready to jump into the ocean pool behind me which I was crouched down on the retaining/splitting wall. I always love feeling the energy of the early rising people in these situations, everyone is just really happy to be there. 🌞

When I first started doing photography I'd try to cram as much information into the image as possible. I quickly learnt the key is what you leave out of an image. ✅

Last edited by a moderator:
Autumn Sunstar.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 250

A little goldfinch perched on a mossy log that I found recently and relocated to our garden.

Goldfinch-DSC04074-2048px.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 518.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 2000

A guest in tha garden in the evening sun today!

A7406132.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/500 sec
  • ISO 1600

Loverly wee bird Tim, new one on me 👌

A Shore Lark from a trip to Minsmere to see if we could find him. It wasn't difficult :) Cracking birds, a winter visitor that frequents some of our coastal areas each year. Quite the pView attachment 49011oser.
That’s a cracker 😉

Loverly wee bird Tim, new one on me 👌
I'd not heard of them either until we moved house and spotted one in our garden last year, although I did mistake it for a chaffinch at first! Hopefully a regular visitor through the winter.

Awesome pic Clint. Love the colours, almost Sepia. Great angle.

@Timothy Mayo Bramblings are pretty rare in gardens. I've only ever seen one, at a reserve. Cracking birds. Nice shot.

@Timothy Mayo Bramblings are pretty rare in gardens. I've only ever seen one, at a reserve. Cracking birds. Nice shot.
Cheers Kev. There’s a meadow right next to our garden and also some woodland very close by so that probably helps. They might be attracted to all the other little birds feeding here, especially the chaffinches.

Cheers Kev. There’s a meadow right next to our garden and also some woodland very close by so that probably helps. They might be attracted to all the other little birds feeding here, especially the chaffinches.
Yep, the woodland and finches definitely help. They often get seen with Chaffinches, which they do get confused with too.

Took the kiddo to a "Fall Festival" and they had a partially shaded pumpkin patch for the infants and toddlers so they could get out of the brutal Florida sun you see in the background. Did what I could: crush the highlights, raise the shadows etc...

DSC05087 1.jpg
  • Sony E 35mm f/1.8 OSS
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.5
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 100

Isla did not want to smile, but she still put a smile on our faces. They grow up so fast, don't they?

Last edited:
Week 1: A room is a room.... Sony A7sIII w/FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM ...

Attachments

• FtLauderdaleBch.jpg
    FtLauderdaleBch.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 33
Back