Your Photo of the Week

I see that 'crappy' lens is serving you well mate! 🏆
Clint, are you implying that the lens had something to do with the capture of that photo? Well, my friend if it had not been for my eagle eye eyesight and my lightning-fast reflexes and my deft hand eye coordination, I would have never captured that photo. The fast focusing 70-200mm f/4 macro lens and the Sony AI bird focus in the A74 camera were only just slightly helpful in getting that photo. I did get a little help with Topaz AI in removing some noise and lightroom classic to crop a little and play with the exposure. Other than that, it was all me! By the way did I mention; "I love Sony!" :cool:

Thanks to all for their responses.

Last edited:
Clint, are you implying that the lens had something to do with the capture of that photo? Well, my friend if it had not been for my eagle eye eyesight and my lightning-fast reflexes and my deft hand eye coordination, I would have never captured that photo. The fast focusing 70-200mm f/4 macro lens and the Sony AI bird focus in the A74 camera were only just slightly helpful in getting that photo. I did get a little help with Topaz AI in removing some noise and lightroom classic to crop a little and play with the exposure. Other than that, it was all me! By the way did I mention; "I love Sony!" :cool:

Thanks to all for their responses.

99.9% operator prowess without a doubt!
SSSSOOOONNNNYYYY!!!! 😄😄😄

Alfred Fills the Entrance.jpeg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 316.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1250

Just finished editing a small batch of holiday photos, will make a separate thread, but this pic of my daughter stood out a bit. We were doing a sunset stroll on the beach before dinner and she saw me taking photos of her and raised her hand to point at me. Thought the side-lighting was pleasant too.

DSC04872.jpg
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/800 sec
  • ISO 100

Just finished editing a small batch of holiday photos, will make a separate thread, but this pic of my daughter stood out a bit. We were doing a sunset stroll on the beach before dinner and she saw me taking photos of her and raised her hand to point at me. Thought the side-lighting was pleasant too.

View attachment 47255

Looks like she's about to point and say 'you da man!'... 😀

I guess that is not a runner then, so is that yard art?

'Ducking take-off' - 25/09/23. Just discovered this thread, sounds like fun. Not sure how it works, do you only post pictures you haven't already posted, or is it supposed to be the best of what you have posted? Not sure, but here is my first for this thread. It's photographed by the pond next to the Princess of Wales pub on the heath. I'm still learning how to use the 2.0x TC, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. This is a slightly different crop of a photograph I've already posted, so I guess it covers both possibilities?
duck takeoff-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II + 2X Teleconverter
  • 400.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 1250

This is a Clancy's Rustic Moth. It is a species that was only discovered in the UK in 2002, and is named of it's finder. Lovely little moth it is too. Look at the state of my finger :D
DSC00601 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/16
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

Swan posing in the sunset today :)

A7406130-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 116.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 100

I've been doing a "lens of the week" project in order to give each of my lenses some love and to spend more consistent time with them. Today for an ongoing thread on another site I had fun doing a glamor shot of the lens that is the choice for this upcoming week, the 100mm f/2.8 STM. Shot her with the lens which has been on the A7R V all this past week, the 12-24mm f/2.8.

Glamour Shot of 100 STF.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 12-24mm F2.8 GM
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 65535

Back