A7c continuity

MBeltran

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Marlon Beltran
Coming from a Leica M body background, I was impressed by the Sony A7c. In the hands, it is virtually the same size, but with superior ergonomics, many more features, and the performance is stellar. That said, I sincerely wish that Sony will continue to offer this body style in future iterations.

It seems to be popular, but it came out when the A7III was the main full frame option (not counting the A7R line). With the majority of hybrid shooters getting the A7IV now, who is to say that the compact option will continue to be updated/offered. An A7C mark II would need to have almost the same features of the A7IV to get much buzz in the media nowadays...

I'm not a features freak. My needs are basic. Art photographers tend to work with outdated gear, or if new, cameras with only bare-bones features such as single-shot AF, no rapid-fire exposures, little or no image stabilization. What is an A7IV to me, or an a7iii. Never heard of them, because I'm driven to make photographs and not own new tech cameras. I just like the body and dimensions of the a7c. Make it any bigger and it's no good. Any smaller and it would be difficult to handle. Since media buzz is more important than anything nowadays, I'm afraid the a7c is the last of its kind. That's too bad.

New in Marketplace

Back