Confirmed: Sony A7cII and A7cR and 16-35mm GM II coming on August 29

I have had the A7CR for a couple of weeks now as a back up to my A7RV. Only issue - so far - I can import RAW files from the A7RV, no problem but NOT from the A7CR. Neither Lightroom Classic or Capture One Pro will see them so I’m stuck using jpeg. Not a big issue but I hope a patch apprears (from the software manufacturers) soon.

I have had the A7CR for a couple of weeks now as a back up to my A7RV. Only issue - so far - I can import RAW files from the A7RV, no problem but NOT from the A7CR. Neither Lightroom Classic or Capture One Pro will see them so I’m stuck using jpeg. Not a big issue but I hope a patch apprears (from the software manufacturers) soon.
This is perfectly normal, and something you will go through over and over if you buy new cameras. With the sole exception of manufacturers using DNG (I believe) you have to wait until your processing software of choice adds support for your new camera. Sometimes you get lucky and they tuck it into a release that's about to happen, and you get it in a month or so. It used to be a much longer wait, and sometimes you had to buy a new version to get support. Now it's usually two to three months - was a time it could be 6+ months.

With the A7RV, we started with support in Sony's Imaging Edge (or whatever name it has today!). I think Capture One might have been the first of the big names to support the A7RV, followed by Photoshop/Lightroom, then DxO (or those might have been the other way around - DXO didn't include support for the reduced resolution RAW files in their first release - don't know if they have put it in now).

Shoot RAW + JPEG, so when you get the support you'll be able to process the RAWs.

Back