Adapted Canon 100mm macro with a7iii - advice?

eric

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
I've been using the Canon 2.8L adapted to my a7iii with a sigma mc-11. I don't struggle with the autofocus with any other adapted lenses, but for some reason, the autofocus on this combo just doesn't seem to work - whether I'm using it for macro or for a subject further away like in a portrait. Any advice, or is this just a combo that doesn't work well?

Not sure if this is allowed, to link elsewhere, but by coincidence I saw someone on the Sony Alpha wildlife group (also owned by Tim like this site) on facebook post absolutely stunning imagines last week with your exact combo of camera + lens: https://m.facebook.com/groups/129096327620813?view=permalink&id=625582277972213

Perhaps ask him for advice? (Join the group if you are not already a member to see the page behind the link). Because the combo seems to work for him...

I've been using the Canon 2.8L adapted to my a7iii with a sigma mc-11. I don't struggle with the autofocus with any other adapted lenses, but for some reason, the autofocus on this combo just doesn't seem to work - whether I'm using it for macro or for a subject further away like in a portrait. Any advice, or is this just a combo that doesn't work well?

I've just bought myself the Sony 90mm. I had tried the canon 100mm with the MC-11 adapter but I couldn't get it to work well for me.

Back