Sony A6700 auto ISO

reichorn

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Frederick Eichorn
When auto ISO is set on either an a6600 or an a6700, can you see the chosen ISO before taking the picture?

You made me go check! I have an A6700, so answer applies to that camera (and the A6700 is a markedly better camera than the A6600, anyway - faster processor, better sensor, much better AF, strong IBIS, ...)

When you half press the shutter, you see the chosen ISO in the viewfinder. Until you half press, it just shows "Auto ISO" - not surprising - if it were calculating everything without half press it would waste a lot of battery :)

As you move the camera around, it changes (as you'd expect),so it's calculated continuously.

When auto ISO is set on either an a6600 or an a6700, can you see the chosen ISO before taking the picture?
nope! and I keep my camera in Manual with Auto ISO. So often its a guessing game for me. So I try to keep my aperture and exposure where I would expect I'm almost right on the money, that way the ISO would only bounce a few hundred and not a few thousand LOL

When you half press the shutter, you see the chosen ISO in the viewfinder. Until you half press, it just shows "Auto ISO"

I think that this is the same for the entire Alpha series (?).

Setting the auto "from" and "too" fields limits the ISO to one's acceptable values.

You made me go check! I have an A6700, so answer applies to that camera (and the A6700 is a markedly better camera than the A6600, anyway - faster processor, better sensor, much better AF, strong IBIS, ...)

When you half press the shutter, you see the chosen ISO in the viewfinder. Until you half press, it just shows "Auto ISO" - not surprising - if it were calculating everything without half press it would waste a lot of battery :)

As you move the camera around, it changes (as you'd expect),so it's calculated continuously.
Thank you- that answers my question and works just fine

Back