Great tool

FlapGlide

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mike
They are creative tools in your pocket. Took this with my Samsung S10.
20200611_202047.jpg
  • SM-G973U
  • 4.3 mm
  • ƒ/2.4
  • 1/120 sec
  • ISO 50

4 of the prints I have up in my house that get the most comments are from phones.

I have to be honest. I am a luddite. I spent the first 20 years of smartphone technology fighting with my company to NOT make me get rid of my flip phone. I don't need texting or email on my phone, if someone wants me, they can damned well call me. The company has enough ways to get ahold of me without adding more. Eventually my argument gave out and they replaced my flip phone.

I hate the frigging thing with a passion, even though I use a few of those modern do-dads like texting. I also use it for project photos. However, for some reason, it's extremely rare for me to use it as a recreation camera. It's not because I don't see the opportunities, I do. The problem is I see a shot and think:

"Gee, I wish I had a camera."

Ultimately, I'm ok with that. To this day I do not have my own phone. I use the company's phone only.

Nice shot!

Brownie you'll get there quickly after you get the first couple taken. I find the phone useful for when I am out with just a long lens or the social/daily life activities and something comes up. There was however a time before I got back into photography in which my phone was my primary camera.

Back from the pre-camera days comes the shot that got me looking into photography again. This was a Samsung Galaxy S5 in Guatemala. What you don't see in this shot is the person standing next to me saying how beautiful the sunset was while their Nikon hung around their neck and holding their tripod (yes they still had card space and battery left).
Sunset from summit of Acatenago pan view - galaxy s5.jpg

Brownie you'll get there quickly after you get the first couple taken. I find the phone useful for when I am out with just a long lens or the social/daily life activities and something comes up. There was however a time before I got back into photography in which my phone was my primary camera.

Back from the pre-camera days comes the shot that got me looking into photography again. This was a Samsung Galaxy S5 in Guatemala. What you don't see in this shot is the person standing next to me saying how beautiful the sunset was while their Nikon hung around their neck and holding their tripod (yes they still had card space and battery left).
View attachment 33324
Nope. That is a path down which I do not wish to venture. I like to keep my work life separate from my home life. It's intrusive enough as it is, I don't need to be uploading images from a work phone to my personal computer.

Back